Assistant Property Manager
Requirement- A minimum of 2-3 years working in commercial real estate with property management;
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Senior Property Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Full range of administrative support for in-house managed properties.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must be self-motivated and possess excellent phone etiquette, convey professionalism and must be highly organized. Solid understanding of office procedures; typing skills 60+; excellent spelling and grammar; and highly computer literate with Word and Excel. Good math skills are essential.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. General Administration:
• Maintain property tenant contact, tenant emergency contact, and vendor contact lists for access by the company.
• Maintain an organized file system (tenant, vendor and project).
• Maintain all (applicable) buildings' mailbox, lockboxes, and key records.
• Responsible for all file set up, organization and maintenance.
2. Accounting: Payables/Receivables
• Responsible for coding and generating vendor invoices for review and approval by the PM.Responsible for follow up on any outstanding vendor invoices and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Responsible for running current aging reports each month. Contact tenants via phone and/or email for outstanding receivables. Provide PM with status update.
• Prepare and have served 3 day notices as needed.
• Create all tenant bill backs, cam monthly billing.
• Create Lease Change Notices for review/approval by PM.
• Interface with accounting department as necessary.
• Prepare and track Tenant utilities and after-hours HVAC billings as applicable.
• Assist with compilation of information/data for annual budget preparation and solicit contractor bids, as needed.
• Assist PM with cam reconciliation and cam estimates.
• Assist PM in completing monthly budget variance reports.
3. Insurance Compliance:
• Monitor and chart the renewal or submittal of insurance certificate for tenants and vendors.
• Prepare incident report forms and submit to Insurance company agent as needed.
4. Property Management/Leasing
• Assist PM with property walks and preparation of vendor/janitorial/construction/inspections or work punch lists.
• Prepare initial Lease Abstracts for Manager review and approval by PM.
• Prepare the Lease Expiration report monthly for review and planning with PM.
• Maintain customer Haz Mat compliance tracking log, documenting communication with tenants if applicable
• Prepare Notices of Non-responsibility when tenants perform work/construction with prior approval.
• Follow up with vendors to confirm timely completion of ordered work and punch list items.
5. Tenant Relations:
• Assist PM in coordinating all tenant appreciation events.
• Maintain signage program at each site, including directory boards, tenant suite signs, floor directory signs, evacuation and restroom signs, etc.
• Prepare and distribute all tenant memos and notifications.
• Facilitate tenant move-in/move- outs.
6. Vendor Relations:
• Responsible for assisting the asset management team with walk throughs and follow up requests.
• Prepare vendor purchase orders for review and approval. Open and close work orders in software system as needed
• Track and order misc supplies as needed for all locations. Work with onsite managers to assist them in completing their orders and check pricing as well.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business or similar areas.
- A minimum of 3 years working in commercial real estate with property management;
- Must have know-how and experience with financial accounting in commercial real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Good customer service/tenant relation skill required.
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
- Ability to work under pressure, in a time sensitive environment.
Long Beach, CA
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 11:45:41 PDT