The Controller assists Vice President of Administration and Treasurer - CFO in the strategic planning and line management of financial services for the College as well as serving in a staff relationship to other administrators for financial and control advice.
Position Title: Controller, AFRECONTRADMAF
Duties of Position:
- Assists the Vice President of Administration and Treasurer - CFO with strategic planning and overall execution of financial affairs for the College.
- Leads and exercises oversight of all functions of the College's Financial Affairs Department.
- Oversees the activities of the accounting functions of the College and maintains current financial accounting procedures in accordance with the ICCB Fiscal Management Manual and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversees the activities of the Cash Disbursements Department to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll, accounts payable, employee expense reports and total payroll tax compliance.
- Oversees the activities of the Cash Receipts & Accounts Receivable Department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable, including student accounts, and the cashiering and collections operations.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast the College's business activities and financial position in the areas of revenues and expenditures based on past, present and expected operations.
- Reviews financial statements and other financial reports for accuracy and clarity.
- Reviews and approves the budget-to-actual analysis for the College's operations on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates the distribution of financial information to all units of the College and interprets the data to assist managers in understanding the financial operations of their unit.
- Responds to the Vice President of Administration and Treasurer - CFO as assigned with timely and accurate work to facilitate those needs and the overall financial management of the College.
- Coordinates the forecast of cash requirements and recommends solutions to properly meet those requirements.
- Coordinates the investment of surplus funds in conformance with the Board-approved investment policy and cash flow requirements. Initiates or, as appropriate, approves wire transfers.
- Coordinates the submission of financial claims and reports to various local, state and federal agencies and the filing of financial reports to ICCB such as tax levies, audit reports, etc.
- Coordinates the development of the Financial Affairs Department annual budget.
- Implements and maintains internal controls to protect the financial integrity of the College.
- Schedules and coordinates annual audits of the College's financial records and grant programs and the submission of reports to the appropriate regulatory agencies. Reviews feedback from external and internal auditors and financial reporting entities to identify how procedures and/or personnel might be strengthened and improved.
- Coordinates the preparation of unit cost studies.
- Performs annual employee evaluations of direct reports and coordinates the annual employee evaluations of employees in the Financial Affairs Department, including recommendations for employment, promotion, retention and dismissal.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Administration and Treasurer - CFO.
Experience and Education:
Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and financial reporting including strong exposure to fund accounting. A minimum of 3 years experience in supervision of multiple financial areas. Excellent organization, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills are essential. Working knowledge of current automated accounting and payroll systems, as well as common PC-based accounting software is also required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
8 years of experience in accounting and financial reporting.
5 years of supervisory experience.
Master's Degree in accounting, business administration, or related field and/or CPA license.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal Computer, calculator, telephone.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Financial Affairs & Controller - FIN
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt