Accounts Payable Team Leader, CFRN31605CASHD
Serve as the Accounts Payable (AP) Lead for the department and ensure the accurate and timely processing of payments to vendors, independent contractors, employees and students. Coordinate the disbursement of accounts payable payments in accordance with the established schedule.
Position Title: Accounts Payable Team Leader, CFRN31605CASHD
Duties of Position:
- Lead the accurate processing and issuance of 70,000 disbursements totaling in excess of $200 million in the form of paper check, credit card, ACH and debit card and by associated AP type (ten distinct AP check/ACH runs bi-weekly).
- Prepare and/or review check requests for construction projects prior to submitting to Supervisor for review and approval. Work with construction staff regarding budget issues which prohibit check processing.
- Explain Accounts Payable policies and procedures to College employees and outside vendors. Assist College employees including authorized signers relative to outstanding disbursements due to lack of funds or inaccurate General Ledger (GL) accounts. Assist students with debit card issues and questions in general.
- Train and direct Accounts Payable student workers. Assist the Supervisor with process maps for new disbursement initiatives or changes to existing processes. Assist the Supervisor with the coordination of ongoing vendor/employee ACH set-ups as well as student debit card set-up. Assist Supervisor with monthly close and fiscal year-end audit.
- Create vouchers for payment using various AP types.
- Schedule and process seven (7) bi-weekly vendor check runs and three (3) weekly check runs for students. Create database and upload batch files in Chase portal for ACH disbursements for release by the Supervisor. Process void checks and vouchers if applicable. Work with Chase and US Bank staff relative to disbursement and/or student debit card issues. Process voided checks. Research stale-dated checks to determine if reissue is warranted.
- Serve as primary coordinator relative to construction payments; work with construction staff to ensure timely processing of construction invoices. Record retention vouchers as backup to Accountant I. Monitor Accounting Assistant's work-in-progress to ensure data entry is completed on time and in accordance with payment schedule. Monitor workflow and redistribute work as required.
- Answer telephone calls from vendors, students and employees.
- Assume duties to Supervisor in his or her absence.
- Process manual paper or electronic checks upon the approval of the Senior Vice President.
- Lead the reconciliation process to ensure data entry is accurate and complete prior to fund disbursement. Notify the Supervisor of discrepancies for immediate resolution.
- Review Accounts Payable Assistant's work-in-progress relative to electronic invoicing. Ensure electronic invoices are tagged and routed to authorized signer for approval.
- Update and maintain series of spreadsheets relative to prenoted banking accounts and student debit cards. Notify vendor and/or employee of failed prenotes and/or electronic payments. Notify students of returned debit cards.
- Work with College Accounts Payable staff regarding student refunds and financial aid disbursements. Process student refunds in accordance with College policy and financial aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Associate's Degree or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years' strong lead Accounts Payable experience. Must be proficient in account including account reconciliations, recordkeeping and written and oral communications. Must be extremely proficient in computerized financial systems and MSOffice (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Must possess strong analytical skills. Proficient in written and spoken English.
Core curriculum for BS Degree in Accounting and some Computer Science coursework.
Five (5) years' Accounts Payable experience, three (3) of which is in a lead capacity, preferably utilizing Colleague financials.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal computer, scanner, calculator, telephone, copier and fax. Typing 40 wpm.
Must be able to lift boxes up to 30 pounds. Some late evenings and/or weekend work may be required as determined by the needs of the College to ensure schedules are met.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Cash Disbursements/Payroll - CASHD
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt