Aquatics Manager (F/T), MFRN12105PHYS
To serve as head pool mechanic and Aquatics Manager and responsible for the management and safe operation of the pool facility. Responsible for all maintenance and daily operations of all pool systems, including all mechanical and chemical procedures. Responsible for the management of all pool staff.
Position Title: Aquatics Manager (F/T), MFRN12105PHYS
Duties of Position:
- Controls all Aquatics operating systems and making sure all mechanical and chemical pool levels and operations are up to safety code and in working condition on al daily basis; Coordinates and performs all maintenance and inspections of the pool. Requires being on call 24/7 as the Aquatic Technician.
- Responsible for training, supervising and scheduling of all Aquatics staff; accountable for making sure all Aquatics Staff Certifications are current and initiate any workplace safety trainings; serve as lifeguard, when needed; assure that all pool regulations and rules are administered.
- Serves as a technical advisor on the County Health Department regulations and requirements for the pool; initiate liability risk management program. Responsible for closing pool if necessary for safety concerns.
- Orders supplies, conducts inventories, and maintains purchasing records; Assists in the development of the operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Maintains accurate records of all maintenance services, chemical logs, safety logs, accident/incident reports, discipline reports, etc.
- Assists in providing marketing strategies to promote higher usage of pool.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: 1 year minimum Aquatics Management experience.
5 years minimum of Pool Operation and Maintenance experience.
EDUCATION: High school diploma (or equivalent) and some college coursework.
Certified Pool Operator certification
First Aid/CPR certification
EDUCATION: Water Safety Instructor certification
Lifeguard Instructor certification
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computers (knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel software), as well as general office equipment i.e., copy and fax machine; Computerized pool filtration system, UV system, pool vacuum, heater pumps, acid systems, chlorinator/acid pumps, power washers, and other cleaning equipment and devices.
Staff is exposed to wed and humid conditions, as well as fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals. While performing duties of this job, the employee will work near moving mechanical parts and pool mechanical systems. Days, nights and weekends as required.
Department: Athletics - ATH
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt