CNC Lathe Programmer / Set-Up Machinist
The CNC Lathe Programmer is responsible for programming and setting up jobs on CNC lathes with live tooling and Y axis for metal and plastics components with tight tolerances. The position requires the individual to be able to write programs using Mastercam, create tooling layouts and meet production set-up and run times.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience setting up and programming CNC Twin Turret Twin Spindle Lathe with Live Tooling and Y Axis
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with Mastercam programming software
• Must be able to proficiently use Mastercam CAD/CAM software
• Must be able to effectively install tooling, set-up and program unsupervised within the required set-up and run times for each operation
• Must be capable of creating and editing programs for increased efficiency
• Must be capable of using appropriate measuring tools and equipment
• Must be capable of choosing appropriate cutting tools, machine fixture clamps and soft jaws
• Must be able to read, interpret and work from engineering prints, drawings and sketches
• Must be able to inspect and be responsible for the quality of your own work
• Must feel comfortable with fast-paced environment and frequent changeovers
• Must be willing to operate Lathes
• Must be able to work effectively with little to no supervision
• Must have great time management and problem solving skills
• Must have a drive to learn and grow
• Must be a Team Player
• Must be willing to train operators on running equipment
We are a manufacturing company that has been providing excellence in precision manufacturing services for over 30 years. We are a fast paced job shop that manufactures precision machined products from variety of metals and plastics for a broad range of industries including aerospace, defense, electronics, and semiconductor. We are AS9100, ISO 9001:2008 certified and ITAR compliant. In 2010 we moved into a totally remodeled facility, and we continue to upgrade our equipment to the most current and efficient technologies available. We also put resources into developing our employees through internal and external training programs.
We are conveniently located in Orange County minutes away from 5, 22, 55, 57 and 91 Freeways. Our day shift runs 10 hours per day Monday through Thursday 5:30am -4:00pm and our night shift runs is from 3:30pm-1:30am. Overtime is available on Fridays and Saturdays depending on customer demand. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We provide fully paid medical benefits to our employees. We also offer vacation days, sick days and eight paid holidays per year.
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:32:23 PDT