APPLY TO: https://careers-1stlightenergy.icims.com/jobs/1426/permit-coordinator/job
General Summary of the Position:
The Solar Permit Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing, creating, dropping off, and picking up NY permit packs for 1st Light Energy, Inc. This person will also interface with city plan checkers and the 1st Light Energy, Inc. design team on technical issues. This is an opportunity for those interested in getting a start in the solar photovoltaic renewable energy field. Employee will participate in many different aspects of solar design and installation. The coordinator will also be trained on the New York City HUB permit portal website and eFiling. The coordinator will submit digital permits for NYC jobs via this online process after training.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Drive throughout NY municipality offices on as needed basis, ensuring permits are submitted with 72 hours after design completion.
• Prepare solar permit packs for various municipalities, which include permit applications and solar electrical and structural plans.
• Work with municipality plan checkers to drop off, understand and record technical corrections, and pick up approved permit packs.
• Work with design team to provide correction feedback and key timing information to help design team turnaround corrected plans as quickly as possible.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver's license prior to employment. Submit driving record with application.
• Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
• High level of attention to detail
• Intermediate computer skills
• Ability to "go the extra mile" to complete important deliverables
• Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
• Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work.
• Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
• Able to work at a computer for long hours when not submitting permits to municipalities
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Candidate must be willing to work on weekend days when needed to support activities in the project schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is generally loud.
1st Light Energy Inc. is one of the fastest growing residential and commercial solar power companies in the country. We market, sell, and install solar photovoltaic systems that allow homeowners and businesses to save money on their electricity bills all the while converting to a clean, renewable source of energy that is good for the environment. We are growing quickly and are looking for a hard working team member.
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:36:11 PDT