Marketing and Communication Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1700561)
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are invited for the position of Market and Communication Specialist, Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This is a full-time benefit eligible position, salary is commensurate with experience and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
The Marketing and Communication Specialist is to contribute to the management, development and implementation of marketing and communication activities that promote the mission, services and expertise of the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning and the Illinois Online brand.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with academic partners and CITL program services coordinators regularly to assess enrollment goals and work with the Associate Director to develop marketing and communication strategies to support those goals.
- Strengthen and grow academic programs and enrollments via effective execution of lead generation strategies, CRMS, advertising, branding, promotion, events, signage, communications, media outreach, research and analytics.
- Work with the student services and program coordination team and department contacts to maintain Illinois Online website and CITL website. This includes developing, managing and updating the content, creative and calendars using a CMS, and conducting monthly content audits.
- Write copy for the web, monthly newsletter, press releases, marketing materials, advertisements, and other related materials.
- Oversee blog and social media suite by developing, scheduling, automating and monitoring content.
- Strengthen awareness of the Center by proactively keeping pace with CITL developments and recommending internal and external marketing and communication strategies. This includes promoting workshops, events and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with students and faculty to gauge customer satisfaction and success of marketing and communication approaches.
- Evaluate and monitor ROI of marketing and communication efforts, adjust as needed and prepare and present monthly marketing updates and activity reports.
- Help identify third-party vendors and service-providers as needed (including freelance designers and copyeditors, printers and other vendors).
- Serve as a team player, champion and advocate for the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning by supporting its mission and contributing to collaborative projects and other duties as needed.
Bachelor's degree in a communications or related field is required
Master's degree in a communications or related field is preferred.
Required experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience with CRM logic and prospect nurturing.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience in both higher education and corporate settings.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of digital marketing and measurement tools with an eye for web and digital trends and innovations.
- Strong and proven project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Full understanding of the creative production process.
- Ability to clearly and timely communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Experience working with innovative and online teaching and learning.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be proactive in finding new ways to meet the needs of customers.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience with CRM logic and prospect nurturing.
To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by October 4, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after October 4, 2017. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Marketing and Communication Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1700561)
Open Date: 09/13/2017
Close Date: 10/04/2017
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn