POSITION TITLE: Quality Tech/Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Quality Sorting Division
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
BACK-UP: Site Manager
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
The Quality Tech/Engineer (QE) provides engineering expertise and support to internal and external customers. The QE plans, estimates, executes and manages projects related to production and sub assembly. The QE provides continuous improvement support to customers and to Bluegrass. The QE assists customers with process management, root cause analysis, initial parts production support, technical support and technical representation.
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Innovation Management
- Understanding Others
- Personal Learning
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Drive for Results
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs including an expert background in Excel
- Excellent leadership skills and a high level of professionalism
- Ability to effectively interact with and build relationships with Bluegrass management, customers, clients and team members
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, while meeting and exceeding safety standards of the company and production and quality expectations of the customer
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Superior problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both verbal and written, both internally and with external customers in order to access needs and to efficiently resolve production and quality concerns.
- Superior decision-making, organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of ISO procedures and standards
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Achieves production and quality assurance operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Develops production and quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs, and manufacturing and training methods.
- Prepares production and quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations
- Updates job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains effective customer relationships to ensure satisfaction
- Identifies and corrects potential safety hazards in the facility
- Abides by Bluegrass' Mission, Vision and Value Standards at all times
- Provides process support and delivers continuous improvement for sorting and containment processes
A Quality Tech/Engineer can work in any range of environments, from a climate controlled space to a warehouse or factory floor where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to extreme heat. Quality Tech/Engineers must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours) on unpadded floors and will occasionally be required to bend, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, push/pull and grasp. Additionally, Quality Engineers will occasionally be required to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Eye/hand coordination is also require. Exposure to chemical hazards, electrical hazards, sharp objects/tools, noise and vibration are anticipated.
TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED:
Computers, telephone, general office equipment, material handling equipment and lab instruments may be used.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, is required.
5 - 7 years' experience in Automotive Manufacturing, Engineering or equivalent
For Human Resources Use Only
Salary Grade: 4
At Bluegrass Supply Chain Services, we strive to help our customers, team members, suppliers and communities be better, by serving a great purpose. Our vision is to be the supply chain partner and employer of choice, providing innovative, cost effective solutions for the most challenging and complex supply chain problems, seeking first to glorify God in all that we do.
We provide quality support, value added warehousing and dedicated transportation services to numerous customers across the states of KY, TN, AL & GA.
Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:56:35 PDT