Assistant Professor of Sociology/Anthropology
- Teach courses in Anthropology concentration including, but not limited to: Introduction to Archaeology, Fieldwork in Archaeology, and Anthropological Theory. Ability to teach other courses within the concentration is a plus (i.e. Forensic Anthropology, Ethnographic Field Methods, Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, or Linguistic Anthropology).
- Teach courses in Winthrop University’s innovative General Education Program, including HMXP102, an interdisciplinary course.
- Undertake research in the discipline and promote undergraduate research.
- Participate in departmental, college, and university service, including student advising.
- Be an interested and congenial participant in an interdisciplinary department.
Employment Conditions: A 9-month, renewable non-tenure track appointment. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Position Availability: August 15, 2018
- The Ph.D. in Anthropology (or a related field) is required for appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Specialization areas among the areas listed above.
- Evidence of teaching excellence and commitment to student learning.
- Evidence of an ongoing program of research.
Application Deadline: November 10, 2017. Application materials received after the deadline may be considered if an acceptable candidate has not been found.
- Applications should consist of:
- letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- a teaching philosophy statement
- course evaluations for up to two courses
- a research agenda statement
- all graduate transcripts
- two professional letters of reference
Applications must be submitted electronically to Interfolio.
Further inquiries should be directed to:
Dr. Richard J. Chacon (email@example.com) (803) 323-4656
Search Committee Chair/Anthropology Program Coordinator