Instructor in Mathematics
Job Purpose: The Winthrop University Department of Mathematics seeks a 9-month, full-time, non-tenure track appointment with the option of summer employment if funds are available. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
- Teach undergraduate courses in mathematics or as part of the General Education Program to include both pure and applied mathematics
- Teach undergraduate courses in mathematics to future educators
- Participate in professional service activities for the department, college, and university
- Contribute to the creative and intellectual atmosphere of the department and university
Background Check: Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
- A master’s degree or higher with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the mathematics discipline
- Documented evidence of teaching excellence and strong commitment to student learning and development
- Instructional experience using technology (e.g., statistical packages, computer algebra systems, or graphing calculators)
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or Mathematics Education
- Previous teaching experience at the university level
- Experience teaching mathematics to future educators
Applicants should submit the following items:
- A letter of application expressing interest and qualifications;
- A current curriculum vitae or resume;
- Three professional letters of reference;
- Transcripts documenting terminal degree and supporting coursework;
- Documentation of teaching excellence; e.g., teaching evaluations, awards, commendations, etc.;
- Any additional documentation supporting the candidate’s qualifications.
Please address questions to Dr. Trent Kull, Search Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).