ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
NSOE Central Admin
The Nicholas School of the Environment (NSOE)'s Student Services Office consists of residential Master of Environmental Management (MEM) and Master of Forestry (MF) degree programs, a distance learning MEM program (DEL-MEM) for mid-career professionals, executive education short courses, and the Career & Professional Development Center. This department supports all day-to-day operations for approximately 350 students and periodic cohorts of visiting non- matriculated students participating in executive education courses. As part of the admissions and recruiting team, this position will manage a variety of duties with a primary focus in the recruitment of professional master's degree student applicants for admission to Duke University through the development and execution of key admissions responsibilities. This position must handle multiple tasks, work simultaneously with other departments, interact comfortably with students, faculty, and administrators, and work successfully as part of the Student Services Office team. This position must have strong interpersonal personal, computer, analytical, and time management skills. This is a full time position.
Manage and implement recruitment and admissions process for MEM/MF and DEL-MEM professional masters programs. Manage, coordinate and actively participate in recruiting events. Support development of recruiting materials and communications. Travel is required. Visit secondary schools and other educational institutions and professional conferences, based on review of historical and market data. Represent Duke University to local, state and national admissions and related organizations. Utilize technology to host virtual recruiting events. Research and provide suggestions for new, creative, and effective recruiting strategies and opportunities. Maintain awareness of peer institution recruiting events, strategies, and timelines. Assist in the development of annual admissions strategy and schedule. Coordinate with fellow admissions and recruiting team members to implement annual admissions plan. Maintain awareness of peer institution recruiting events, strategies, and timelines. Maintain key admissions data and metrics. Assist in analyzing recruiting and admissions data to support future decisions; communicate key findings to senior leadership and key faculty. Work closely with the Student Information and Services System (SISS) office to ensure successful launch and implementation of the online application system. Utilize Ellucian and PeopleSoft technologies to its fullest capacity in order to provide appropriate solutions, customizations and enhance the user online experience for prospective students and applicants. Work closely with the higher education analyst for querying and data needs to support recruitment and admissions functions. Prepare admissions rubric and strategic plans. Collaborate with faculty and senior leadership in development of admissions plans and applicant evaluation. Support the implementation of admissions interviews, as appropriate. Train admissions and recruiting team, as well as other student services staff team members, on application review, implementation of admissions rubric and admissions decisions. Analyze qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University admissions standards, guidelines and criteria, reviewing unusual circumstances with supervisor as appropriate. Correspond with prospective students, applicants, University alumni, guidance counselors and others seeking information on admissions standards, academic and non-academic programs and student activities. Provide admissions decision recommendations and maintain applicant and admissions decision data. Participate in the creation of a marketing and communications plan - in collaboration with the Marketing &Communications team - segmented by undergraduate institution, location, and by other important data points such as level of engagement, major, etc. Ensure website content is current, effective and accurate. Support utilization of social media to communicate key recruiting and admissions information to prospective applicants and admitted students. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Work requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email. Must be proficient with technology and online web-conferencing tools.
- Must have intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and use of spreadsheet functions (i.e., Excel and Excel functions).
- Must have experience in utilizing social media for communications.
- Experience with management of admissions and applications tools, such as Ellucian and Perceptive Content (Image Now), is preferred. Familiarity with Duke University systems, such as PeopleSoft, is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will bring to this position creativity ,initiative and a commitment to the Nicholas School's mission.
- Strong organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail and follow-through, ability to produce quality work in a timely fashion, and strong oral/written communication are critical.
- Capacity to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality, often in difficult and sensitive situations, and to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Self-starter willing to take initiative, seek guidance when needed, and see projects through to completion with little guidance and oversight.
- Requires flexible hours (some early mornings, late evenings, and occasional weekends) to support the peak periods of admissions season. Must be willing to travel in support f recruiting and admissions events, and school-wide special events/programs. Must be willing to drive rented vans and/or personal vehicle to transport students and instructors. Occasional heavy lifting required during set-up and break down of events.
- Interest and/or knowledge in the environment field and/or the environment are a plus.
1722 ADMISSIONS OFFICER II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderexpression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexualorientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a knowledge and understanding of collegeexperience and student life obtained through the attainment of abachelor's degree.
Two years of experience as an Admissions Officer or the equivalent at acomparable college or university.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.