PROGRAM AND SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
Duties: Under limited supervision of the Director of Events, the coordinator works to support all and manage some events and manage all event data while providing support to the Institutional Events area. In this role there is regular interaction with the Penn Medicine leadership team including both the Dean and EVP and the CEO. This position handles all internal and external meetings and materials required for the planning of key Institutional Events. Assist with the planning of key events including, Penn Medicine in Palm Beach and Naples, Awards of Excellence, Master Clinician Dinner, professorship events, welcome receptions, and Major UPHS/PSOM events such as groundbreakings, openings, and dedications. This position will also manage the Advances series (3-4 events per year) and Sparkman Lecture events. This position will provide backup support to social media. Duties include securing event sites, room reservations, hiring caterers and florist, securing audio-visual support and making travel plans. Draft, edit and finalize individual communications and manage select mass mailings. Process invoices, purchase orders, and other budget forms.
* Manage the Advances series for PMDAR. This includes being the lead contact for all internal and external questions
* Manage the Promoted Faculty event with the Director of Event and consultation from the Executive Director of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development
* Schedule and coordinate meetings with all necessary participants both internally and externally
* Create and distribute event binders with standard materials. Update and maintain binders in organized fashion
* Manage the PMDAR events calendar
* Prepare all event attendee materials including attendee lists (multiple uses) name badges, tent cards, table cards, place cards and contact lists as well as assemble updated binder and event materials needed to support the event.
* Process necessary invoices and maintain invoice log for monthly financial reconciliation.
* Collect and input all RSVP information into appropriate event database and report on status as needed to internal /external customers as well as other PMDAR staff and administration
* Develop and maintain all databases for Institutional Events, requiring the ability to download and upload files and manipulate/create fields to capture all necessary information. This will be done with support from IT / Reporting Group.
* Prepare standard and comprehensive (and when necessary confidential materials) department documents and reports as requested by the PMDAR Senior Management, Director of Programs and Events
* Will advise Internal/External Clientele on event protocol when the PMDAR events team may not be managing the event
* Provide backup support for all digital medial tasks, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, iModules, Emma Email Marking, and GivingPages.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school graduate and 5-7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience in a development setting or event planning preferred. Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment under limited supervision. Ability to draft written and electronic communications pieces in a professional and engaging style. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines. A reliable, resourceful, and energetic personality capable of working well in both lead and support roles on a team. Ability to lift/carry 25 lbs. or less. Evening and occasional weekend work and ability to staff events essential to this job. .
Reference Number: 90-26853
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Penn Medicine Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative