ACES Academic Coach #S13280
Job Title: ACES Academic Coach
Position #: S13280
Bargaining Status: Non-Bargaining
Location: Springbrook High School, Silver Spring, MD
Salary Range: $65,061.78 - $87,984.00/year
Online applications must be received by September 28, 2017
Montgomery College, Springbrook High School, has need for a full-time, ACES Academic Coach, #S13280, in the ACES - Achieving Collegiate Excellence and Success Department. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required.
Job Summary: This position provides one-to-one and group meetings with program participants to identify barriers and determine and implement an individual success plan for successful high school completion, preparation and access to college. The academic coach will identify and select students in the target population in order to provide a broad range of student support to students who have been identified as at-risk of not attending or completing college.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide information sessions to students and parents to assist them in understanding the benefits of the program.
• Meet regularly with designated high school liaison to establish and maintain positive working relationships and identify resources needed, either through Montgomery College (MC) or Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
• Meet regularly with ACES Director and other academic coaches to complete program initiatives, problem solve and share best practices.
• Provide ongoing communication with, the high school community, program participants, and parents.
• Provide financial aid and scholarship information and direct assistance in completing financial aid forms.
• Provide information on how to apply to college and assist with the application process.
• Provide support and referrals for students experiencing family, personal, or economic issues which may impact school performance.
• Coordinate the logistics for; transportation, permission, and selection of appropriate events and experiences.
• Track progress of one-on-one meetings, group meetings, program activities and events.
• Master's degree in counseling, psychology, social work or a related field. If a related degree, candidate must have at least 18 graduate counseling/psychology/social work course credits.
• Three years working with at-risk populations at the high school or college level.
• Two years assisting high school students with college admissions, financial aid and scholarship processes.
• Experience managing caseloads and case files.
• Thorough knowledge of community social service systems, academic coaching, and personal counseling.
• Skilled in verbal and written communications, interpersonal relations, computer technologies, (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation programs).
• Ability to use a wide range of communication tools, to work cooperatively with others, to present to small and large groups.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
• Bilingual in Spanish
Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
Be sure to complete a set of pre-screening questions and e-sign your application.
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Customer & Student Services
Primary Location US-MD-Germantown
Organization ACES-Achiev Colleg Excell & Success
Unposting Date Ongoing