Internal Audit & Advisory Services Director, #S13015
Internal Audit and Advisory Services Director
Central Services Building (CT)
9221 Corporate Blvd. Rockville, MD
$83,485.00 - $112,860.00 Annually
Online applications must be received by Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
Montgomery College, Office of Compliance, Risk and Ethics, has need for a full-time, Internal Audit and Advisory Services Director, position number S13015. The normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Chief of Compliance, Risk and Ethics Officer, the incumbent in this position will manage the College's internal audit function. The person in this position will be charged with assessing strategic, financial, operational, information-technology and management risks. The incumbent will also assess the design and operating effectiveness of related internal controls and mitigation strategies. Additionally, the Internal Audit and Advisory Services Director will have access to and the responsibility to manage the services of internal auditor consultants.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and conduct internal audits, advisory services and reviews in compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and the goal of following Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Act as a liaison and relationship manager between Internal Audit and Advisory Services and College partners and senior leaders.
- Build awareness of the internal audit and advisory services function among College units. Communicate the audit process to the College area being audited.
- Create and execute flexible and multiple year internal audit plan that focuses on high-risk areas developed in coordination with the results of an enterprise risk assessment.
- Advise and prepare presentations for the Chief Compliance, Risk and Ethics Officer, and Senior College Leadership on high-risk findings, higher education industry risks and opportunities to improve business processes.
- Evaluate the adequacy of management's response for corrective action to ensure responses are accurate, comprehensive and reflect the position of the College.
- Conduct one-off audit activities and document results of audit work in accordance with standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Investigate reported incidents of fraud or financial irregularities through the College confidential reporting line or from other sources.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting or related field.
- Seven years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting or related financial position. Experience should demonstrate knowledge of internal auditing standards, principles, skills, methodologies, and techniques.
- Experience with managing projects, team productivity and consulting services; Governmental auditing; accounting; internal audit services, and management advisory or consulting services.
- Experience with fraud investigations.
- Communication skills to articulate complex technical matters to various levels of leadership.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent certification.
- Experience with regulatory compliance and ethical matters with regard to higher education risk.
- Good working knowledge of internal control conceptual frameworks such as COSO and COBIT.
- Audit experience within an institution of higher education.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by Wednesday, October 11, 2017 . To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Executive, Administrator
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization Office of Compliance
Job Posting Aug 10, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Aug 25, 2017, 10:59:00 PM