Senior Administrative Assistant to the Office of Graduate Studies & the Faculty Center for Teaching
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
In order to comply with federal export control regulation, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee to be considered for this position.
Proof of education required upon hire.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas, a member of the Texas A&M University System, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator and is committed to excellence through diversity.
Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report:
Texas A&M -Central Texas (TAMCT) is committed to assisting all members of the TAMUCT community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including the Jeanne Cleary Campus Safety Report is available at: https://www.tamuct.edu/departments/security/index.php.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report, or reports from previous years, you may stop by the University Police Department located at Founder's Hall, Room 103 or you may request that a hard copy be mailed to you by calling (254) 501-5801.
Posting Number 094S
Position Title Senior Administrative Assistant to the Office of Graduate Studies & the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning
Work Site Location Killeen
Duration of Position Budgeted- FT
Salary Minimum $25,709
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) for the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning, provides a broad and deep range of advanced administrative support to the Director of Graduate Studies and the Director of the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning, and coordinates general business operations of both offices. The individual in this position must have specific knowledge of higher education, be able to exercise good judgment in decision making, and have outstanding oral and written communication skills. The position assists with budgetary accountability and controls, inventory control, travel, management, coordination, various projects, and other special assignments. This individual must have the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner with university administration, faculty, staff, students, the general public and public officials. The SAA works at the reception desk of the Provost's Suite.
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Four years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Prior experience in higher education.
Posting Date 09/13/2017
Closing Date 09/18/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link http://www.tamuctjobs.com/postings/1647
Proposed Job Duties
On this screen, please list in order of importance, and in detail, the job function and duties assigned to this position and estimate the percentage of time given to each function.Job Duties
Percent of total time 10 Responsibility / Duty
Office and Records Management:
• Maintains office supplies and equipment for the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning.
• Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records.
• Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to office procedures.
• Files and retrieves documents, records, and reports.
• Monitors office procedures to eliminate duplication of efforts and to streamline flow of operations.
• Assists with employment searches conducted by the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning.
• Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures and serves as a resource for answering questions regarding policies.
• Assists in resolving advanced, highly sensitive, and confidential administrative matters.
• Drafts and composes routine correspondence on behalf of the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning.
• Assists in the production of documents and proofing of final documents prepared for the signature or for distribution.
• Answers and screens the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning office telephones, as well as receiving incoming calls for the Provost's Suite.
• Prepares executive summaries and drafts of reports.
• Attends various academic meetings in order to prepare, distribute, and post minutes of those meetings and monitor status of action items.
• Screens complaints to determine the appropriate action or referral.
• Serves as a liaison with faculty and staff.
• Prepares advanced presentation and communication materials.
• Manages requests for appointments by prioritizing, researching, and responding to or delegating responses as appropriate.
Projects, Reports and Documents:
• Collects, compiles and prepares materials for the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning
• Creates and maintains advanced spreadsheets and/or databases.
• Organizes and tracks work towards yearly strategic goals and major projects
• Coordinates special events, speakers, guests, as assigned
• Analyzes administrative requirements for projects or initiatives.
• Serves as a liaison for departmental equipment and service contracts.
• Maintains the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning records management systems, records.
• Tracks, anticipates, and prepares for upcoming deadlines and events that require action by the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning
• Participates in selected events.
• Serves as custodian of state property
• Assists with travel arrangements and completion of payments for the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning.
• Reviews travel vouchers and expense reports for accuracy and ensures compliance with all university financial rules and procedures.
• Prepares monthly budget report.
• Manages purchasing requirements and approvals for the Office of Graduate Studies and the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning.
• Manages procurement card and DART card log and reconciliation.
• Manages funds for graduate assistants in support of the Director of Graduate Studies.
• May be tasked to supervise, train, and/or evaluate the work of other identified support staff and/or student workers.
• Participates on committees including faculty and staff search committees.
• May be asked to assist with other projects in the Provost's Suite.
• Other duties or projects as assigned
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience? Fours years of related experience.
- * Do you have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications?
- * Do you have prior experience working in higher education?
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application