Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-13-2017
The Program Coordinator focuses on special initiatives, program development and maintenance, communications, and administrative projects that proactively support the staff in furthering the mission of the Office of International Studies and Programs.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three years (36 months), from the categories below:
A) College course work in any field.
- 60 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or more equals 3 years (36 months)
B) Progressively more responsible work experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
3. Two (2) years of responsible experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Previous experience in a student or academic services environment
2. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication; excellent grammar, composition and proofreading skills
3. Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
4. Ability to work independently, set priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities
5. Previous experience working in a team-based environment
6. Valid U.S. driver's license
7. Van training or the ability to complete van training within 2 months of hire
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.