Requisition # 2017-7954
Department Campus Dining
Category Food Services and Dining
Date Posted 1 week ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University invites applications for the position of Hospitality Assistant, for the Department of Campus Dining. This position creates a welcoming experience to all visitors and guests and provides office support to the department. The Hospitality Assistant will play a critical role in the daily operations of an energetic, fast paced, and collaborative environment.
Campus Dining, a division of University Services, is a dynamic and progressive culinary organization responsible for the food program management in residential dining halls, retail venues, and catering across campus.
Campus Dining's vision for the future engages our campus community in activity-based learning.
Our guiding principles are:
• Team and People: to inspire our team of hospitality professionals.
• Service Excellence: to deliver excellence in food and beverage service and food and beverage production.
• Efficiency and Effectiveness: to continually develop innovative solutions that are fiscally responsible while being sustainable for our community, health, well-being and the environment.
A full job description will be furnished prior to interview.
- Greet and welcome faculty, staff, and alums by providing a professional presence.
- Maintain a positive workplace, promote teamwork among colleagues, and provide office coverage as needed. Provides support to the Assistant to the Executive Director; Team & People; Purchasing; and Finance.
- Prepare meeting space, coordinate media requirements and refreshments.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings; answer telephones, screens calls/messages, and addresses and/or helps resolve questions and concerns.
- Receive letters and packages and distribute mail to the Campus Dining Community.
- Assists with time collection responsibilities and the collection of all required university forms to meet established deadlines.
- Coordinate and compile data and assist in accomplishing departmental objectives.
- Maintain departmental bulletin boards.
- Responsible for auditing statements and providing invoice entry for the residential units.
- Supports Campus Dining events as needed.
- Maintain the Innovation & Resource Center healthy food options.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes special projects and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- High School Degree or equivalent with 2-4 years clerical experience, preferably in a hospitality or university environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service capabilities and a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and functional command of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of and/or ability to learn University software.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy public office.
- Ability to handle sensitive confidential information in a responsible manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- The ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Based on business needs, ability to work a flexible schedule, AM, PM, weekends and/or holidays. A typical schedule is 8:45am-5:00pm with Saturday and Sunday as days off.
- Valid driver's license.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.