Director of Organizational Effectiveness & Communications
Requisition # 2017-7964
Department Fin Org Effctvns & Communicatn
Category Human Resources
Date Posted 1 week ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively seeks staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
The Office of Finance and Treasury seeks a dynamic Director of Organizational Effectiveness and Communications to be a proactive partner on the Vice President Finance & Treasurer's senior leadership team. The successful candidate will lead the organization's training, communications and division effectiveness initiatives in collaboration with many key stakeholders. The role works closely with Human Resources, the Provost's Office and others in facilitating the framework and processes to hire, cultivate and retain a skilled, diverse and inclusive work force in Finance and Treasury.
The Director represents the Finance & Treasury Division on university projects, including planning, budgeting, policy, and communication initiatives.
The Director provides leadership for the Division's Training and Communications organization, providing a high-quality business and financial curriculum to campus partners, leveraging the tools and systems launched in a recent overhaul of the university's financial structure and systems. This role ensures that Finance and Treasury implements a carefully designed communications strategy, including web, print and electronic platforms that educates, informs and energizes internal and external audiences. In addition, the Director plays a leadership role in both external and internal communications strategies and implementation.
The successful candidate will be someone who functions successfully in a positive, mission-driven, and results-oriented culture; possesses a strategic and analytical approach to decision-making and problem-solving; possess strong interpersonal and communication skills; and have a high degree of sensitivity to organizational culture. This person must have proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at multiple levels across an organization.
- Play a leadership role with Finance & Treasury senior leadership and Human Resources and the Provost's office to determine functional training and development needs and implement appropriate solutions.
- Create opportunities for students to engage with Finance & Treasury, enriching the student and staff experience of University community.
- Lead the development of the major external communications of the Division, including the published Annual Report of the Treasurer.
- Identify and develop new external communication strategies to enhance organizational readiness and transparency.
- Maximize and assess effectiveness of websites and other communication vehicles.
Division Workplace Effectiveness
- Lead, integrate and support diversity and inclusion planning and assessment for the Division of Finance and Treasury.
- Lead and plan division wide events to foster a vibrant organizational culture focused on the mission.
- Partner with Human Resources and Finance and Treasury leadership to provide resources for managers on job description development, recruitment, hiring, orientation, performance management and professional development.
- Oversee new employee onboarding and direct division orientation activities.
- Coordinate the annual review and merit increase processes
- Enhance the competency-based position structure by linking competencies to the full continuum of employee-related activity, including sourcing, hiring, training, evaluating and creating career paths for advancement.
- Develop programming for managers to facilitate educational, skills and leadership development.
- Assist the Vice President and Treasurer with developing learning resources for senior leadership.
- Develop and implement a program of employee engagement assessment.
- Work with senior leadership to develop regular assessments of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Finance & Treasury policies are coordinated, consistent, and effectively communicated.
- Direct the maintenance of the Finance & Treasury policy library, including policy templates and policy-writing style guides.
- Act as resource for faculty, staff, and students seeking guidance on Finance & Treasury related policies.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-10 years of related work experience
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated record of success at senior leadership level of an organization
- Exceptional communication skills: writing; public presentation; facilitation
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to energetically handle multiple assignments and respond quickly to changing organizational needs and priorities
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and with others, with high personal standards representative of Princeton University's commitment to excellence.
- Solid decision-making skills, proactive problem-solving skills, and outstanding judgment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced degree in organizational development, human resources or related field
- Knowledge of human resources practices and/or human resources certifications
- Experience at Princeton or an institution similar to Princeton
Please submit a cover letter as well as a resume for this position.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.