Assistant Football Strength and Conditioning Coach
The CU Boulder Athletics Department is now accepting applications for an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This position is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Football Strength and Conditioning program at the University of Colorado.
Who we are:
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)-and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region-our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes-both across Colorado and around the world.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Duties include but are not limited to: program design, guiding student-athletes through a regimen of exercises to optimize performance and decrease injury potential; assisting with the oversight of sport-specific conditioning programs, teaching proper weight lifting, speed, agility and conditioning techniques; encouraging and motivating student-athletes to train and perform to their utmost potential; player development and assisting in the implementation of rehab and reconditioning programs prescribed by the doctors and sports medicine staff. Working in a team-oriented environment, the position will work with other Strength and Conditioning staff, sport coaches, athletic trainers and other athletic department personnel to develop comprehensive performance programs for student athletes. Some weekend and holiday work will be required based on specific sports seasons and team travel.
Strength and Conditioning Program
- Assist with the strength and conditioning program of football student-athletes. Track progress of student-athletes. Communicate with sport coaches and Sports Medicine staff. Assist with on-campus recruiting, occasional travel with football.
- Work with the Athletic Training staff concerning injury prevention, rehabilitation, movement prep, screenings and assessments, reconditioning, and recovery methods. Assist with reconditioning protocols or modify programs to accommodate all stages in an injured student-athlete's rehabilitation process. Assist with Nutrition program overseen by Director of Sports Nutrition.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Football Strength and Conditioning
What we can offer:
We can offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be proactive. Be talented. Be informed. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Nutrition or a related field.
- Two years of experience working in a Division I or Professional Strength and Conditioning program.
- Program Professional certifications: CSCS or SCCC.
What we'd like you to have:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Nutrition or a related field.
- Experience training football at the Division I or Professional (NFL/CFL) level.
- USAW Certification.
- Experience working with GPS tracking systems.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 17, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11054.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Athletics
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10018 - Athletics-Business Affairs
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 17, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00663582