Electronics Specialist II/Security Systems
The Electronics Specialist II/Security Systems position will provide safe, reliable, and well maintained facilities for the students, faculty and staff at the University of Colorado by installing and maintaining housing and dining electronic and mechanical security systems. Responsible for training others to take readings from test equipment and system documentation which are used to decide on proper actions and procedures to take when faced with security hardware and software problems. You will make decisions on what life-safety precautions may need to be followed when installing security systems software or hardware and trains other staff to follow these precautions, as well as recognize or detect service issues that become persistent or ongoing in nature and make recommendations on these issues in effort to save departmental budget on material and labor budgets. Work with higher-level positions, this position installs, troubleshoots, and maintains systems all over housing and dining facilities that are all tied to a central server/control.
Who we are:
Housing & Dining Services provides services to over 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students on the CU Boulder campus. Our 650 full time staff and 1000 student staff strive to provide excellent customer service and to support student success through our programs in residence hall and apartment living, dining services and catering, conference services and child care. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, which includes 22 days of vacation, 15 days of sick leave,10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and ECOPass.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Electronic Lock and Access Control Technical Training, Support and Projects
- Installation, repair, calibration, maintenance and training for electronic security systems including card access control (Salto and C-CURE), readers, control panels, wiring, IP Video cameras, recorders, multiplexers, quads, monitors, intrusion detectors, switches and contacts. Certified software knowledge to train others to detect and address problems in various systems.
- Responds to daily service calls as well as supports ongoing internal and capital construction projects by being a point of contact for design reviews and standards inspections.
- Work requires this position to drive a university vehicle to complete these assignments.
Mechanical Lock Support and Projects
- Perform and train others for journey level locksmithing by installation, repair, rework and maintenance of all door security hardware including magnetic locks, electronic strikes, electro-mechanical locks, pneumatic door operator and their controls, panic exit devices and standard locking hardware.
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, measure and inspect the components of these systems such as power supplies, logic components, communications ports and wiring, contacts, switches, relays, recording devices and computer software.
- Re-key cylinders and make keys, issue, enter and track key issuance for Housing & Dining Services by assigning keys, securing proper authorization paperwork and inputting information in database.
- Orders, receives and tracks inventory parts and consumables and processes the required paperwork for accounting. This work requires this position to drive a university vehicle to complete these assignments.
Training Materials and Scheduling
- Assist management with writing training materials, repair procedures and specifications related to daily business of Integrated Security.
- Work with the Integrated Security manager to schedule on-call duties to assist Integrated Security in responding to after hour support calls.
What you should know:
- Must possess a valid driver's license and pass a motor vehicle background check.
- This position will require kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, and some exertion of force occasionally.
- Strong communication/customer service skills are also needed for this role.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $54,696.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be effective. Be adaptable. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver's license and pass a motor vehicle background check.
- Three years of technical experience repairing, performing maintenance, installing, modifying, calibrating, certifying, or fabricating equipment and facilities related to the work assignment. Equipment and facilities may be primarily telecommunications equipment and facilities, media equipment and facilities, precision measuring equipment, or other electronics equipment and facilities. SUBSTITUTION: An associate's degree or successful completion of the equivalent of 60 semester hours of training at an accredited college or university or recognized non-correspondence technical school with 30 semester hours of course work related to the work assignment may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
What we'd like you to have:
- Three years previous electronics security experience in an installation/service/repair capacity.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 18, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10692.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Engineering and Architecture/Physical Science and Engineering
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10392 - Housing-Technology Services
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 19, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00737294