Draftsperson-Sargenti Architects -Paramus, NJ
Classification: Hourly , Non- Exempt-Full Time Position Salary: To be determined based on relevant experience Reports to: Project Manager and Senior Project Manager. closely Date: 01/11/2017 JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective The draftsperson is responsible for creating visual guidelines with technical details for construction and/or architectural projects.
- Create drawings for industry specific projects based on preliminary sketches, concepts and data
- Utilize AUTOCAD and other programs to develop lay out and diagrams with attention to specification details
- Consult technical handbooks and guidelines and assist in landlord research and code compliances
- Assist in the development of floor plans
- Assist with the completion of drawings red-line by principal, assistant project manager and project manager
- Maintain complete, readily accessible hardcopies and electronic files and records of survey reports
- Occasionally carry out site surveys on a need basis
- Follow instructions of managers accurately with efficiency
- Associates degree or higher in Drafting & Design or related field
- Entry level/college graduates/interns with 6 months to 1 year experience as Draftsperson
- Ability to interpret construction data, engineering calculations and specifications
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, with basic knowledge of Revit, Sketch up, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred
- Experience drafting construction documents preferred
- Must be comfortable in a support role and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multitask and produce accurate work
- Willing to be tested on AutoCAD skills on Microsoft version 2010 or above at the time of the interview
- Must possess strong time management skills and have the ability to handle the pressure of tight deadlines.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Time management skills
- Problem resolution skills
- Communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Supervisory Responsibility This is not a supervisory position. This role will work collaboratively with positions in the same or different department.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job is in an open space office environment with considerable background noise and disturbances.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. This role would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and occasionally bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Other regular physical demands include standing, sitting, walking, stooping, repetitive motion, lifting not more than 15 pounds, reaching, typing.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position with 40 hours of work or more. Days and hours of work are the normal business hours from Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience Entry level /college graduates with 6 months to 1 year expereince as a Draftsperson.
Work Authorization Must be authorized to work in the U.S without needing sponsorship at time of hiring or in the future
ADA/EEO Statement Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) will be provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition all applicable federal, state and local law requirements will govern nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status is explicitly prohibited. Violation of company policies and procedures or code of conduct, including inability to perform the job duties adequately may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
At Will Employment Your employment is at-will and either party can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. This job is not a contract.In this role, you will be expected to carry out the duties and responsibilities described in the enclosed job description which is periodically updated to reflect business needs. This job description has been approved by management.
Signature Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.Employee Name ____________________________________________________Employee Signature ____________________________________________________Date ____________________________________________________
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full time
Sargenti Architects has been providing architectural and engineering services for Retail Clients throughout the U.S. and Internationally for over 19 years and is licensed in 49 states and Puerto Rico. Through quality service and an understanding of the needs of our customers, we have grown into a recognized organization in the retail community. With a staff of over 100 we are committed to providing personal attention and experience to all of our customers while keeping the client's overall goals of cost and timing at the forefront.
Recently ranked into the top 10 Retail Architects in the country by VMSD & in the 100 top design firms by Interior Design Magazine. Sargenti Architects has continued to expand and diversify our services, since opening in 1997. As well as our international presence with projects in Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. Opening boutique office divisions in Philadelphia and Los Angeles, we are positioned properly to accommodate the needs of our clients.
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:30:55 PDT