BMG Operations Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
BMG Operations Coordinator (Business Services Professional)
Position #738797 - Requisition 11104
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) BMG Operations Coordinator (Business Services Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a full-time professional position in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics in the School of Medicine. This position will provide operational support for the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics related to the RNA Bioscience Initiative(RBI) and the Structural Biology Initiative (SBI). Additionally this role will ensure that day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Department, School of Medicine and University, under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration.
This position will work independently, as well as interact with a diverse group of professionals and research faculty in an evolving professional environment to effectively contribute to growth and accomplishments of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, RNA Bioscience Initiative and Structural Biology Initiative.
Examples of Work Performed:
Human Resources Support:
- Act as primary contact and coordinator for all department recruitment, including faculty and postdoctoral fellows.
- Prepare recruitment visits, schedules, itineraries, and travel reconciliation, moving expense coordination, and work with the chair of the search committee on all aspects of recruitment.
- Manage all personnel changes, and coordination of graphics for print and electronic display, this includes adding to departmental email distribution lists and maintaining these distribution lists for efficient and important communication of departmental information.
- Oversee the procurement and travel processes for departmental personnel, training of procurement processes, CU Marketplace and Procurement card use, training of department members on all travel procedures.
- Act as a point of contact for procurement and travel needs for all department members; manage the non-university travel process for departmental sponsored speakers or recruitment.
- Create detailed documentation and data collection spreadsheets for web space tracking, including time allocation for all research personnel and funding support for the appropriate fiscal year.
GMG Operational Support:
- Manage the maintenance of all web-site content for the department including personnel updates, grant updates, publication updates, providing content to the web developer on a regular monthly schedule for all departmental websites including the RBI Initiative, the SBI Initiative which includes the structural cores.
- Manage of all department/RBI/SBI facility and IT requests and ensuring projects are completed in ta timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate all disposal requests from all department laboratories, including scientific equipment, computer and furniture requests and follow-up on all requests to ensure that the disposals have been completed.
- Act as a main coordinator for all department official functions which includes the RBI Initiative and the SBI Initiative; manages all announcements, room scheduling, and food coordination, Symposium organization, seminar official functions, faculty scheduling, facility reservation planning, printing of posters, brochures, announcements, schedules, etc.
- Manage all WebSpace documentation and annual reporting, including meeting with individual faculty members regarding personnel and space, and determining space usage and allocation of space.
- Enter all data collected for WebSpace each year for all faculty members, as well as collective departmental spaces in the WebSpace tracking system; work with the WebSpace team on all issues or conflicts that arise, as well as representing the department for all WebSpace audits,
- Act as a primary point of contact for all WebSpace processes in the department.
- Maintain and complete the departmental/RBI/SBI equipment inventory which is done through space and asset management, and completing equipment tag requests for space and asset management, and resolving any equipment discrepancies, and working with space and asset management on all audit requests.
- Manage the IT based printer services provided by the department; train users.
- Manage the University conference room scheduling for RC1 9th and 10th floor conference room requests and commination of scheduling for room requests in the EMS system.
- Manage Department files, both paper and electronic, as directed by the UCD AMC records retention policies
- Provide general office support for all department members, which includes but is not limited to, federal express accounting and processes, US mail and UCD mailroom coordination, UPS processes, phone list creation and management of departmental personnel updates, office supply coordination.
- Provide administrative support for the Department Chair and Vice Chair as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or equivalent area of study from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of program and/or project management experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Experience in providing professional and technical assistance to faculty, staff and students within a higher education and/or medical education environment.
- Experience working with a diverse group of professionals, preferably in a non-profit or education setting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely customer service oriented and willing to work with a diverse group of researchers and administrative staff and University departments.
- Strong technical background which includes the ability to work with both Mac and Microsoft software, programs and applications (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both in writing and orally is required in order to support faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, University staff and personnel.
- Extremely dependable and accountable for all aspects of this position.
- Ability to take the initiative to establish work priorities and follow-through to insure timely completion of activities.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with various individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of: purchasing, inventory, official function and management processes.
- Ability to exercise leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Individual must be motivated, accountable, and responsible.
- Excellent decision making, critical thinker and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Sue Brozowski at Sue.Brozowski@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20085 - SOM-BioChem&Molecular Genetics
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sue Brozowski
Posting Contact Email: Sue.Brozowski@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00738797