Operation Services Application Specialist
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Operation Services Application Specialist (Administrative Assistant II)
Position #2373 - Requisition #10672
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This full-time, state classified position exists as a utility staff member whose main responsibility is to support the full cycle application process. This includes application data verification, student record resolution, coordination of pre-collegiate applications, credential and supplemental application material processing, and other special projects. Duties include: rubric-based residency eligibility determination; quality assurance checks on application data, admit types, and checklist items; data input and verification of credentials to the student information system (CU SIS); connecting unidentified application materials to proper student files in workflow/suspense; and coordinating organized processing of Pre-Collegiate applicants (Upward Bound, Scholars, & Pre-Collegiate).
Examples of work performed:
This position will:
- Assist in coordinating the Application Data Verification process, and is responsible for initial residency determination. Performs quality assurance of overall application including biographical/academic applicant information, admit types, and checklist discrepancies.
- Assist in applicant record clean-up by properly matching applications and supplemental documentation to correct student files.
- In partnership with the Pre-Collegiate Academic Outreach staff, serve as a liaison on behalf of Undergraduate Admissions to assist in streamlining application processing for designated program attendees.
- Assist in processing high school and college transcripts, test scores, and supplemental application documents by inputting data into the student information system (CU-SIS). Verify that the application checklist is aligned with received and missing supplemental application documents and updates academic history accordingly.
- Assist the operations team in processing and completing various assignments each semester including the missing credential project, end of semester incomplete application project, Post-Bac program application processing, record purge project and other clerical related functions.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary : $2,783 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Two years of general clerical experience. One year of this experience must have included performing extensive data entry.
Substitution: College or university coursework, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the general experience on a year-for-year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
• One year of experience evaluating K-12 and/or higher education transcripts and/or applications
• Experience working at a front desk
• Experience working with a web-based student information system
• Experience with Singularity and/or other document imaging/management software programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and the ability to ensure accuracy in work
• Excellent customer service skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Skilled in document management (creation, organization, maintenance and dissemination)
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. • Search Committee Interview based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until September 29, 2017 or until 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30042 - AVCASA-EM Admissions
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00002373