Assistant Director of Compliance
Assistant Director of Compliance
Athletic Program Assistant Director
Athletics - Gen - 220410
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; some evenings/weekends
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Compliance to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Under the supervision of the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, the Assistant Director of Compliance coordinates the day-to-day compliance activities to meet NCAA, Conference USA, and University of North Texas requirements. This position also assists the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in drafting and submitting waivers and violations to the Conference USA office and the NCAA, when appropriate. This position provides supervision to graduate assistants, interns and student assistants.
* Reviews, addresses, and follows up on eligibility records for recruits and students athletes which involves evaluating high school transcripts, processing transfer evaluations to admissions, contacting the NCAA Eligibility Center, and preparing official visit requests according to North Texas, NCAA and Conference USA rules.
* Updates and maintains the Compliance Assistant internet database.
* Assists with preparation and review of Squad Lists according to NCAA rules.
* Assists with preparation of Grants-in-Aid and National Letters of Intent.
* Coordinates athletic scholarships including checks, tuition, housing, dining & books.
* Researches and provides answers to questions and rule interpretations for coaches, staff and student-athletes.
* Works with various university departments accurately completing all tasks associated with NCAA rules compliance and procedures.
* Maintains and monitors all proper internal and external forms required for the athletic department and compliance office.
* Reviews and updates Student Athlete Handbook annually as directed by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
* Coordinates the compliance intern program at North Texas, which includes education and supervising interns according to NCAA and conference rules.
* Works directly with the Athletic Business Office and coaches evaluating the summer camp requests according to North Texas and NCAA rules.
* Maintains NCAA Eligibility Center database.
* Tracks student records for NCAA, Conference USA, and North Texas compliance purposes.
* Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
* Must comply with all NCAA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and one year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting
D1 Ticker; NCAA