Facilities Admin - 356000
The Facilities Management mission is to make University of North Texas Health Science Center a place where the facilities and grounds are aesthetically pleasing, clean, well maintained, energy efficient and appropriate to support the institutional Mission and Vision. We are dedicated to providing services to the Health Science Center by maintaining an environment that is conducive to learning, teaching, and research.
The Facilities Management Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Maintenance Technician to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Move office furniture, lab equipment, surplus or supplies to locations on or off campus.
* Perform setups and tear-downs for special events by arranging tables, chairs, canopies, stages and pipe & drape to customer specifications.
* Driving a 15 passenger shuttle bus to transport passengers, while displaying a high level of professionalism.
* Use a computer to communicate, open and close work orders, training and accessing other resources.
* Identify and properly use hand tools, measuring tools and some power tools.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED and six months of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Certification in modular furniture preferred.
* The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* The physical demands include stooping, reaching, holding, pushing/pulling and kneeling.
* The ability to lift, transport and carry furniture.
* Willing to use two-way radios to communicate.
* Bilingual skills a plus.
* Experience moving heavy equipment a plus.
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Special Instructions to Applicants
* Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
* Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed.
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled