OnCore Application Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Clinical Research Administration - Regulatory Compliance Office
OnCore Application Coordinator
Position #732031 - Requisition #11115
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Clinical Research Administration - Regulatory Compliance Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) OnCore Application Coordinator position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and Development capacity.
The OnCore Application Coordinator is a position within the University of Colorado Clinical Research Administration Office. As a key member of the application support team, this position encompasses a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. This individual works extensively with professionals in all areas of the University, and UCD affiliates, to assist with the ongoing support of the Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) used at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus.
The OnCore Application Coordinator will provide support for all ongoing training needs, ranging from assisting with access to the training environment to grading training exercises and establishing accurate permissions for users. The OnCore Application Support Role will be part of the team with the Oncore trainers and system manager to assure that the UCD research community has access to the most up to date materials for training and ongoing use of Oncore, the CTMS.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $41,374 to $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, nursing, healthcare, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Prior experience with OnCore strongly preferred. Experience with other CTMS or data capture systems in support of clinical research is a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of professional experience in a clinical research setting, preferably at a medical center.
- Experience working in an application support role with a strong troubleshooting background.
- Experience translating clinical research concepts and researcher needs to technical personnel and vice versa.
- Experience analyzing business operations or workflows, finding efficiencies, and implementing improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Diplomatic disposition and customer service orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Strong team player
- Detail-oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills, and for the ability to establish and maintain good customer and end-user relations
- Knows when to ask questions, can work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and expectations
- Honest and forthcoming with ongoing system training needs and preparedness for expectations
- Quick and agile learner, able to adapt to changes in technology and its intended use
- Able to coordinate and prioritize several simultaneous tasks with potentially conflicting priorities
- Able to synthesize complex clinical trial information in order to facilitate decision making
- Familiarity with terminology and processes associated with all phases of clinical research.
- Familiarity with the concepts of relational databases, normalization, and how databases are used by applications.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60064 - ADM-VCR-Administration
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Christine Ricklefs
Posting Contact Email: Christine.Ricklefs@UCDenver.edu
Position Number: 00732031