8AM - 5PM
$45,624 - $65,436
Responsible for all the purchasing functions within a large teaching and research department with more than 39 faculty and annual expenditures exceeding $6 million. Conduct research to determine the best sources for purchases, considering a variety of factors including price, quality, availability, warranties, and delivery. Educate and guide end users about the appropriate sources and procedures for ordering different goods and services. Ensure purchases comply with UC, state, and federal policies and guidelines, keeping backups of all transactions as appropriate. Coordinate with Receiver on deliveries of equipment and services. Provide excellent customer service to faculty, students, and researchers who may have urgent requests, change orders, cancellations, price issues, and various other procurement needs. Maintain accurate records of the department's capital equipment and conduct an inventory of the list on an annual basis.
1. Knowledge of applicable Material Management Policies and Procedures.
2. Knowledge of applicable Accounting Policies and Procedures.
3. Knowledge and ability using on-line systems for Purchasing and Equipment Inventory.
4. Ability to negotiate with vendors and effectively interact with faculty, staff and students.
5. Ability to organize and priortize workload in an efficient manner.
6. Ability to work under deadlines and with frequent interruptions.
Experience using UCR on-line systems Storehouse, eCatalog, eBuy, Web recharge and the Asset Management System.
Five (5) years of related administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview