Administrative Support Associate I
STEPS Temporary Employment is a full-service, internal staffing agency for the University of Kentucky. STEPS is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and performance management of temporary employees throughout the University including UK HealthCare. This service center provides a valuable staffing solution to our institution by hiring over 1,500 employees per year and averaging 900 employees on payroll. This position will support the STEPS service center by completing administrative tasks to ensure all STEPS temporary employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
The STEPS Payroll Associate will be part of a dedicated team and directly responsible for processing all payroll related functions. This includes, but is not limited to time entry (timesheet coding, entering, and checking); entering new and returning employee information into SAP and STEPS Database in accordance with department standards; adjusting employee information (ending assignments, changing FTE percentages and pay rates, etc.) in appropriate systems; separating employees in all systems and ensuring necessary paperwork is processed.
Collaboration with departments and supervisors will also be essential to ensure employee timesheets are accurate and that all parties understand the temporary payroll process. This position will also be responsible for providing excellent customer service and accurately billing departments for employee wages and temporary employment services.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Administrative Support Associate I
3J532:STEPS Temporary Employment
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Repetitive data entry and computer work. Working with light weight office items under 5 pounds.
Generally Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, however hours may vary at times to accommodate team needs and staffing.
MS Windows & Office, experience in financial accounting, payroll, or billing.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of full-time paid work experience in payroll, billing, or financial accounting.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe a specific time when you feel you provided a customer with an outstanding service dealing with a complex problem. Please describe the situation, what the customers' expectations were, what specific steps you took to exceed those expectations, and the outcome of your actions. Please note maximum length of answer field below is 1,250 characters. You may elaborate on a separate document and attach with your resume at the end of the application process.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter