Patient Care Manager/UKHC
The Patient Care Manager (PCM) assumes 24 hour accountability for planning,
supervising and evaluating the care of patients and Nursing practice. The
primary responsibilities are to provide for the safe, effective, and efficient care
of the patient as well as to direct the business, technical and nursing support
activities of the unit. This individual is responsible for the successful
management of 4 Main/Telemetry floor at UK Good Samaritan
Patient Care Manager/UKHC
Patient Care Manager/ 4 Main Telemetry/ UK Good Samaritan
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
36 months RN experience required
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Active Kentucky RN license, Temporary Work Permit (TWP), Provisional
License that is in good standing, or active compact state RN license that is in
good standing and American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification for the Healthcare Provider valid for at least 6 months after
In addition, the essential functions for this position include the ability to lift,
carry, push, and pull 50 to 100 pounds occasionally and 25 to 50 pounds
frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The
conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards
of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments
Days with 24 hour accountability for unit.
Fiduciary Responsibility, Supervision, Conflict Resolution, Management of resources, Evaluation of Staff Performance, Customer Service, Communication, Problem Solving, Delegation, Establishes unit standards, policies and procedures
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BSN plus 36 months experience as RN required, preferably in Telemetry /
Critical Care /or Progressive Care. Satisfactory experience in at least one area
of nursing to which person will be responsible is required. Prior management
experience and MSN preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * Please describe your supervisory experience. Include the number of employees whom you have supervised and the level of supervision you provided (i.e. hiring, discipline, training, delegation, performance management, etc.).
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter