Security Guard & Guest Services Agent (Part-time)
Summary: The Overnight Security/Guest Services Agent, under limited supervision, provides overnight security coverage to the Graylyn Conference Center property, conducts foot, and vehicle patrols. Greets late arriving guests, assists with luggage, and provides hospitality service for all guests. This position also responds to incidents and requests for assistance.
- Performs patrols of all buildings and grounds, monitor activities and events, and secures doors.
- Greet guests, assist with luggage, and provides information.
- Shuttles of guests on the property.
- Communicates with guests and staff via phone, radio, email, and face-to-face.
- Responds to housekeeping requests and maintenance needs.
- Enforces policies and procedures.
- Assists with emergency situations (i.e. fire alarms).
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to understand safety procedures and make sound logical decisions.
- Ability to successfully complete First Aid, CPR, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogen training.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Hospitality experience.
- Security or Guest Services experience.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States