Head Resident (Part-time)
invites applications for the position of:
Head Resident (Part-time)
SALARY: $15.01 /Hour
OPENING DATE: 09/12/17
CLOSING DATE: 10/03/17 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To oversee and provide guidance to students living on-site in community college residence halls; to maintain the general cleanliness, safety and security of the facilities; and to enforce established policies and procedures of on-campus housing. Employees in this classification receive general supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. This job class is responsible for the general supervision and safety of students living on campus.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Residence Life or designee
CLASSIFICATION: Range 23 on the Classified Salary Schedule, 20 hours per week, Tuesday, 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., Friday, 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m., Saturday 11:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m., 10 months per year, off contract all of June and July.
BENEFITS: Holiday, vacation and sick time. No medical, dental or vision insurance provided. For more information regarding Employment and Vacation Policies, please view the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
•	Performs a safety and security walk through of the facilities every 30 – 40 minutes.
•	Assists in providing general supervision of the dormitory students including their adherence to college policies and regulations.
•	Writes incident reports regarding infractions of rules, regulations, or policies by students.
•	Plans and supervises student activities.
•	Maintains and issues all recreation equipment.
•	Responds to on-campus housing emergencies.
•	Assists in providing a safe, healthy, and orderly environment for students.
•	Adheres to residence hall operating procedures.
•	Performs light housekeeping and cleaning.
•	Operates audio/visual equipment.
•	Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
•	District regulations governing students in general and specifically on-campus housing students.
•	Residence hall management practices.
•	Exercise tact, diplomacy, and good judgment in dealing with staff and students.
•	Understand the needs and characteristics of community college age students.
•	Use sound judgment in tense and stressful situations.
•	Carry out duties and directions independently without need of close supervision.
•	Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
•	Perform basic computer skills using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
•	Able to climb several flights of stairs every 30 – 40 minutes.
•	Standing and walking often, sitting, bending and kneeling some of the time.
•	Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds properly.
•	Must be able to perform light cleaning; including disinfecting surfaces for bacteria and viruses, and cleaning up human biohazard level 1 discharge using a spill kit, sweeping and mopping; when custodial support is unavailable.
•	Must be able to reach overhead and stoop and reach; to clean hard to reach surfaces, e.g. tops of kitchen cabinets and inside of ovens etc.
•	Must be able to perform repetitive actions, e.g. removing and replacing; DVD movies, administrative binders; mopping, sweeping, wiping surfaces and vacuuming.
•	Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
•	Must be able to operate or learn to operate a 20 pound fire extinguisher.
•	Must meet attendance requirements.
•	A pre-employment physical may be required prior to first day of employment.
•	Combination of experience and/or education equivalent to an A.A. degree.
•	One year experience in student activities leadership or resident hall living.
•	Prior experience in residence hall, group home or apartment complex management preferred.
•	Experience in teaching, coaching, counseling, or parenting skills education is preferred.
Online Application with Additional Preferred Materials to be attached to application:
•	Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
•	Current resume
•	College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must also apply online and submit all required materials to be considered.
• Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation from administrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or phone interviews.
• The District does not provide expense/travel reimbursement for this position.
New Classified Appointments will be placed at Step 2 on the Classified Salary Schedule and will graduate to the next step on July 1st if the hire date is before April 1, with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
Longevity pay in accordance with Section 8.8 of the Classified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://www.shastacollege.edu/Human%20Resources/Current%20Openings/Pages/ApplicantResources.aspx