Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist
As a member of the Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Group, the Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to utilize technological solutions in the fulfillment of teaching, learning and research objectives. They contribute to faculty and staff development by organizing events such as workshops, learning communities, and seminars on digital topics of relevance to the Bucknell community, as well as by vetting new technologies and communicating their findings to the University. This position leads the department's efforts in implementing an internal and external communications plan that highlights and shares the work being done across campus in digital pedagogy & scholarship.
- collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to explore and implement emerging technologies that may foster new modes of learning and scholarship
- provides specialized instruction, advice, and guidance to faculty and students in the application of technology in teaching, learning, and research
- coordinates, develops, organizes, and leads events and programs such as presentations, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and learning communities
- participates in programming for Library & IT's Digital Scholarship Center by leading workshops or identifying speakers of interest from within or outside the campus community
- provides initial guidance to faculty members to facilitate digital scholarship projects including: project vision and definition, advice about project scope, requirements, specification, and or design
- serves as project manager (as appropriate) for digital scholarship projects
- serves as project team member (as appropriate) for digital scholarship projects
- leads the department's efforts (while collaborating with Library & IT's Manager of Communications and Outreach) in implementing an internal and external communications plan that highlights and shares the work being done across campus in digital pedagogy & scholarship
- creates and shares reports on departmental activities for L&IT colleagues, campus leadership, faculty, and external audiences
- highlights digital pedagogy and scholarship projects via our web showcase, division newsletter, University Communications and other methods
- participates in and helps implement assessment efforts in the department
- demonstrates discipline and independent judgment in furthering departmental and L&IT initiatives
- contributes to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- performs other duties as assigned or requested
The Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist will demonstrate a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in faculty outreach, instruction, information literacy/technology competency, blended learning, multi-media production, web technologies, digital scholarship, and desktop tools.
Library and Information Technology at Bucknell is a unified organization that has evolved dramatically in the past decade, shedding over time many of the distinctions that frequently separate university library and information technology departments. Since 2008, the organization, comprised of eighty-five staff members, has been led by Param Bedi, Vice-President for Library and Information Technology. Under his direction, Library and Information Technology's leadership team has helped usher in a new spirit - a paradigm shift that has moved the organization from transactional to transformational. The division cherishes and carefully maintains its highly interactive work environment, and as such anticipates hiring a Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist who is committed to hard work, collegiality, and laughter as a member of a team-oriented group. In general, we seek colleagues who are naturally curious, exhibit an openness to our existing affinity for inclusion and diversity of all sorts, who possess a willingness to change, and who embrace all that is made possible through collaboration.
- master's degree or equivalent experience in Higher Education
- 2-3 years of demonstrated work experience with technologies related to teaching and learning in Higher Education
- ability to write clear, accurate communications, and other documentation
- experience in developing instructional resources
- ability to set priorities and manage work and deadlines independently
- experience planning and executing workshops or evidence of instruction and/or teaching
- evidence of pedagogical collaborations
- effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Please note: The expected start date for this position is on or after November 20, 2017
Applications: This position will remain open until it is filled. We will consider applications on an ongoing basis beginning immediately. To ensure consideration of your application, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position, three references, a resume/CV, and a writing sample that demonstrates professional writing in a clear, engaging, and persuasive manner.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, business, education and music complement each other. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns. The Lewisburg area offers a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, and appealing amenities such as art galleries, an art deco theater, historic museums, and charming independent boutiques and restaurants. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.