Software Engineer 2
Software Engineer 2
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Seeking a Software Engineer Level 2 who can help achieve the UVU mission of engaged learning and student success. The Software Engineer 2 will work in conjunction with a Lead Software Engineer to maintain and revise existing systems and provide technical assistance to users as well as to others in IT. This position is an intersection between business, technology, and user experience. Responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams towards a common goal; providing high-quality products and features on time; advocating for both our users and the university; conducting methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of finance area in terms of business functions and processes, along with the information they use; the definition of requirements for improving any aspect of business processes and systems; optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment; and, the creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems and if necessary the construction of the information system.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Master’s degree in related field plus one year of experience; OR Bachelor’s degree in related field plus three years of experience related; OR Associate’s degree in related field plus five years of experience related to the essential functions/duties of the position OR a combination of higher education and experience directly related to the essential functions/duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with relational database concepts including SQL, stored procedures, prepared statements
- Experience with Object Oriented design and programming
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, team oriented, and decision-making skills where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to resolve problems by thinking logically, identifing tasks, and developing modular programming steps.
- Ability to follow directions and work under supervision.
- Ability to keep current with industry standards and trends by attending training and conferences; reading technical material; and corresponding with other professionals through the use of list serves, networks, and bulletin boards.
Requires frequent walking, grasping, pushing/pulling and continual sitting, fine hand manipulation, seeing, hearing, talking.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $52,984 - $70,463
Advertisement Number: ST31817
Open Date: 09/12/2017
Review Start Date: 09/24/2017
Close Date: 9/30/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: A software engineer 2 assessment will be given prior to the interview.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3182
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.