Systems Administrator II - Video
Systems Administrator II - Video
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Systems Administrator for Video in Studios & Broadcast Services (SBS) is responsible for managing various video data systems and services that are critical to the operation of Studios & Broadcast Services, including management and operation of the media asset management server and software, LTO long term storage archival system and archival media, as well as the video playback server for UVUTV. This position is also responsible for obtaining and cataloging new media assets, managing video streaming, maintaining the SBS website and video integration with that site. Works with studio personnel and their individual workstations to maintain data and network connectivity, software and software updates and access to mission critical systems. Works closely with campus IT personnel to ensure compatibility with campus standards and that SBS systems integrate with the campus infrastructure. Additionally, as part of the SBS team this position participates as a crew member during broadcast productions and assists as a digital imaging technician on film sets.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field plus one year of job related experience or any combination of higher education and work experience totaling five years related to Information Technology, one of which must be directly related to the administering and maintaining of enterprise level IT systems.
Generally 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday but must be available to work non-standard hours (outside 8AM-5PM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Data Server Protocol and operation.
- Knowledge of Data system connections, including virtual, Ethernet and fiber.
- Knowledge of Video formats and codecs.
- Knowledge of LTO archival systems.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of desktop/network integration and operation.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS X 10.9-10.12, Server and Windows 7,8.1,10, server 2012R2, 2016.
- Knowledge of video streaming, streaming protocols.
- Knowledge of Apple and Windows OS.
- Skills in interpersonal communication.
- Skills in data cataloging and management.
- Ability to install and maintain complex data systems.
- Ability to manage digital asset management system.
- Ability to manage streaming video services.
- Ability to stay current with new trends in data and server technology.
- Ability to manage recording media in studio and on a production set.
- Ability to program HTML and CSS at a proficient level.
- Apple Certified Support Professional 10.9 or newer.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or * Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or greater (MCSA/MCSE) - Windows 7 or newer, Windows Server 2012R2/2016
Frequently standing and sitting, grasping, walking with some pushing and pulling. Requires continual talking, hearing, seeing, and listening. Requires fine hand manipulation to use computers. Must be able to lift more than 25 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $50,750 - $60,750
Advertisement Number: ST27817
Open Date: 09/12/2017
Review Start Date: 09/19/2017
Close Date: 9/30/2017
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/3171
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.