Development Research Manager
Department: Office of Advancement
Reports To: Assistant Vice President for Advancement
Position Summary: This position is responsible for overall management of donor and prospect research in support of the Office of Advancement. The manager assures effective and appropriate use of research in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
1. Conduct research on relevant financial and biographical information for various constituents and constituent groups: prospective donors, trustees, and high level volunteers, and provide analysis of findings to inform cultivation and solicitation strategies.
2. Work with VP & AVP for Advancement to establish and support the prospect management process.
3. Work with Gift Officers to identify prospects, manage donor portfolios, and fulfill research requests on individuals or groups within their regions.
4. Develop, implement and evaluate an annual plan for donor and prospect research that corresponds to institutional fundraising goals. The plan includes establishing priorities, strategies, budget and resources.
5. Maintain prospect tracking data and design appropriate reports and analytics within Raiser’s Edge.
6. Stay current in research procedures and related systems. Make recommended improvements and upgrades in equipment, software, methodology, resources and staff.
7. Identify primarily prospective donors, but also corporations and foundations to be researched by using a variety of proactive prospecting methods.
8. Participate in research-related professional organizations, activities and email lists.
9. Identify, advocate for and ensure high standards of performance and ethical behavior in the conduct of prospect research at North Park University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience and references demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail including the ability to prioritize and work independently, responsibly, and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and written skills.
- Working experience with prospect research or research in an academic or library setting.
- Familiarity with fundraising is desirable.
- Ability to apply an ethical code and good judgment, and to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office as well as an ability to use electronic databases and conduct sophisticated internet-based research. Raiser’s Edge experience strongly preferred.
- Creative and flexible research skills with ability to analyze, interpret, summarize and present information effectively.
- Personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.