Project Manager - Commercial Construction
Objective/Mission: Provide construction management and project administration in the construction of a drug manufacturing and operating center.
• Provide budget updates and progress reports for the project.
• Manage the construction process keeping it on schedule and within budget
• Manage the Site Supervisor for the project
• Conduct weekly progress meetings and report back to the Principle-in-charge
• When change orders are appropriate and prepare documentation for them
• Prepare initial schedules for each phase of the construction and provide input into master project schedule.
• Review contract plans for accuracy and potential costs savings alternatives.
• Assist construction team in procuring permits and approvals from local authorities.
• Work with Principle-in-charge and client to formalize construction documents.
• Determine, investigate and qualify appropriate subcontractors and resources.
• Prepare contract documentation in forms and amounts acceptable to Principle-in-charge and client.
• Review and/or prepared AIA form construction contracts in coordination with the construction team.
• Coordinate on-site pre-construction meetings with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Provide construction administration throughout the construction process, including problem resolution and dealing with the day to day issues of the construction.
• Maintain project schedules and assure project reports, both internal and external are updated and being met.
• Review all requests for change orders and prepare change orders for Principal-in-Charge approval.
• Provide periodic project inspections.
• Maintain on-going relations with client and subcontractors.
• Review and approve subcontractors invoices
• Coordinate for punch list inspection and follow up to assure punch list is timely completed and notifications are processed.
• Maintain the warranty process with both subcontractors and vendors.
• Be a team player - other duties may be asked and required
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the management of construction projects.
• Ability to comprehend complex construction drawings.
• Skilled at tracking and analyzing construction costs in order to meet pro-forma objectives and recommend budgetary adjustments as appropriate.
• Must be available to work varying and flexible hours.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and Project. Knowledge of other construction tracking and reporting or job cost software is desirable.
• Must be highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential and sensitive financial and transactional information appropriately.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external employees, subcontractors and client personnel, both verbally and in writing.
• Qualified candidates must possess exemplary leadership skills and be highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision in multi-task, dynamic, team environment.
• Must possess strong quantitative, problem-solving skills and time-management skills.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required experience: Construction Project Management: 5 years minimum
SDP Inc. (The Company) is a woman Owned Small Business doing business in many areas in the United States and Internationally. SDP has assembled a high performing team of professionals with extensive knowledge and expertise in project management, engineering design, procurement and contract administration. SDP is a drug and alcohol free company that requires random drug and alcohol testing as a requirement to employment. In addition we are signatory to a number of union labor contracts that support our industry. The company has a strong network of suppliers and vendors, in addition to proprietary agreements with a number of these pipeline sources. These collective resources will support the projected company expansion over the next several years.
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 06:14:16 PDT