Scope of Job
Leads the planning, performance, reporting and follow up of internal audits and other assigned projects and tasks, independently with minimal supervision.
Description of Duties
• Independently leads routine and complex internal audits and projects.
• Independently leads, plans and participates in interviews with client contacts and senior management to include in-depth discovery and non-traditional research.
• Leads planning of internal audits and conducts research to obtain background information. Identifies risks and related controls, including potential fraud risks, during planning and fieldwork independently. Develops audit objectives, scope and work program.
• Performs fieldwork activities and conducts client interviews and other client interactions independently.
• Documents work performed in accordance with Standards. Reviews compliance with standards and quality of work on complex audits. Reaches reasonable conclusions based on work performed.
• Independently documents initial observations and recommendations to mitigate risks and improve controls. Communicates timely with clients to ensure identified issues are accurate.
• Prepares audit reports including preparation of outlines, preparation of draft reports, review of the drafts with the clients, and preparation of the final reports. Independently communicates with client.
• Delegates tasks, establishes priorities, supervises auditors on multiple and complex audits, communicates status of audits, timely communications to client for all phases of the audit and leading client meetings.
• Sets deadlines for the completion of project, monitors project budget and timeline for complex projects, and provides clear direction to all team members on their assignments, encourages input from all team members, and provides evaluative feedback to team members in a timely manner.
• Reviews auditors work for compliance with Standards and quality of work.
• Leads complex projects or participates in investigations with minimal supervision.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration, or related field from an accredited university.
Applicable certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA).
Four (4) years of related experience in commercial or governmental auditing and/or accounting.
Experience in healthcare.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.