Start a new career at Goodwill and your work will change lives!
Goodwill was just named as one of America's Top 20 Most Inspiring Companies by Forbes. Join our team at Goodwill and your work helps to enhance our local communities and change lives.
- Assistant Unit Manageroperates a retail store location within the agency's established policy toachieve budgeted revenue and expense. Effectively runs the store in the absence of Unit Manager.
- Recruit and trainretail employees and material processors in retail operation procedures. Recommends and/or administers discipline toemployees as required.
- Schedule employees toachieve optimum customer service, merchandise display, store security andexpense control.
- Order merchandise tostock store to achieve budget.
- Maintain records ofsales data and bank deposits.
- Enforce sales policiesand procedures and employee policies and procedures.
- Assist donors withdonation and provide receipts.
- Maintain store premisesand grounds in compliance with agency safety and housekeeping practices.
- Supervise and trainemployees in backroom processing and quality control procedures.
- Plan attractivemerchandise displays that make effective use of sales area.
- Attend marketing salesmeetings. Schedule store employeemeetings as necessary.
- Other duties asassigned.
- High school graduate orequivalent with courses in Business and Marketing.
- Two years experience ina management/supervisory capacity or equivalent.
- Able to supervise andtrain in shipping/receiving functions, stock duties, merchandising, cashieringand customer service retail.
- Willing to travel and/or relocate.
Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut serves people with disabilities, economic disadvantages and other barriers to employment. Our mission is to help people achieve independence and self-sufficiency through job training and other supportive services.
Founded in 1951, we are one of 164 regional Goodwill organizations throughout the US and Canada. With the support of our donors, customers and partners, we make a little goodwill go a long way!
Goodwill is a 100% nonprofit organization committed to giving people a "hand up."
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:33:43 PDT