Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 76291
Job Purpose: Provide administrative or operational support working under general supervision in the Offices of the President and Provost.
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Track facility and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles and projectors, via logs, and schedule repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- May make travel arrangements as directed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordinating of basic office moves.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*: Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently sitting.Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. WORKING CONDITIONS: WORK STANDARDS:
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.