Deputy Director - Human Resources & Special Projects
Georgia Tech Human Resources serves the Institute and its more than 14,000 employees through strategic human resources counsel, leadership in employee engagement and learning, and facilitation of campus-wide organizational effectiveness. The unit orients and prepares new members of the Georgia Tech community for a successful career at the Institute, while supporting employees and managers in addressing complex workplace issues.
What we do:
- Onboard new employees.
- Process payroll and maintain employment data for approximately 14,000 active faculty, staff, and students.
- Administer, manage, and grow a variety of employee benefit plans.
- Support Georgia Tech’s international faculty, staff, and student employees through advice and counsel on immigration and taxation.
- Maintain a market-driven compensation structure in order to attract and retain employees.
- Advise employees and managers regarding work performance and conflict management.
- Provide professional development and learning to the Institute’s diverse workforce.
Job Purpose: Work with teams in HR to lead in the development, implementation, execution and assessment of initiatives with both internal and campus-facing responsibilities. This individual will work closely with the AVP-HR to manage our strategic guidance and operational support to the Institute.
- Serve a member of the AVP-HR's leadership team and act as representative of AVP-HR to senior campus leadership and system leadership.
- Work with stakeholders and management to develop comprehensive plans, tools, and resources to support outcomes.
- Identify and manage project issues and risks, develop and implement constructive solutions, and ensure escalation where appropriate. Monitor progress on key initiatives, identifying and removing barriers in coordination with University stakeholders.
- Advise management on issues and matters of significance related to projects, programs and future initiatives.
- Monitor performance against project goals. Conduct assessments, gather and interpret data, produce reports and provide solutions to successfully manage projects.
- Prepare presentations on issues and projects of critical importance to the AVP-Human Resources.
- Develop and present progress reports, proposals, and related project related communications.
- Participate in the development of the GTHR strategic plan and manage and coordinate GTHR efforts to accomplish strategic goals and initiatives.
- Champion policy harmonization and consistency across the HR organization.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, HR, or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Work Experience: Five to six years of related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This position requires excellent project conceptualization, design, organizational, planning, time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills. Broad general knowledge of human resources policies and practices including those related to strategic planning. Management consulting and previous senior level management experience. The ability to prioritize workload and work effectively with minimal supervision, demonstrated ability to work concurrently on multiple projects in a matrix setting.
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, or related discipline.
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), SPHR or PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
- Preferred Skills: Preferred skills and experience include knowledge of principles and methods inherent in project management, HR analytics and technology. Successful track record of innovation and working effectively with diverse stakeholders within a complex organization to build and deploy new strategies. Excellent management skills and the ability to plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives. Demonstrated experience motivating others to maximize output and accomplish goals. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Leadership and staff, GTHR staff, external contacts. This position typically will advise and counsel: AVP of Human Resources, leaders in GTHR. This position will supervise: N/A