Lead Project Manager
Job Title: Lead Project Manager
Job ID: 23830
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Job Code: 3312
Classification: Administrator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA status: Exempt
About the Position
The Lead Project Manager is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple Project Managers as well as overseeing multiple construction projects on Campus. This includes all aspects of project management from conceptual development stage, through final completion. The Lead Project Manager is expected to oversee all projects assigned to the team that works under his or her direction. This position is required to interface with a variety of Colleges and Departments including senior administrators, Chancellor’s Office officials, as well as Federal, State and local agencies.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts pre-construction feasibility studies and campus impact assessments. Develop project scope and evaluate and implement various construction and delivery methods for new and/or existing utilities related improvements /renovations.Prepare detailed cost estimates and schedules; implement campus compliance policy and procedures; oversee the performance of all construction contractors and professional consultants; and ensure work is completed according to construction plans, specifications, budget, and schedule.
- Establish project standards and protocols; work with contractors and other professional consultants to ensure understanding of and compliance with all CSU and public works contracting laws and campus requirements.
- Review engineering, architectural drawings and bid specifications for accuracy and completeness; evaluate/monitor project progress and ensure compliance with plans, material specifications, and schedule, tracks and controls construction cost against the project budget, process change orders, and participate in claims reviews.
- Responsible for all phases of project construction. Track the delivery of the construction products, oversee all construction meetings, provide direction in the implementation of the construction contract, and direct and monitor compliance with appropriate codes and regulations. Review and recommend approval on all contractor and consultant progress payment requests.
- Determine and oversee all required inspections and testing. Supervise construction inspectors and engineers and ensures the quality and timeliness of inspections and testing. Review and approves all project schedules submitted by the contractor to ensure minimum campus disruption and maximum cost compliance.
- Prepare request for proposals for the selection and hiring of professional engineering and design services. Collaborate with engineering and design departments and provides strategies and technical knowledge of existing facilities. Provide technical expertise and recommends solutions to problems related to projects and maintains an up to date knowledge of applicable codes.
- Develop and oversee project close-out including agency approval, training, warranties, and certificate of completion, as-built records, and other requirements. Oversee post construction phases as required by SUAM including the commissioning process of newly installed systems and equipment.
- Conduct project post completion assessments to determine if project objectives including initial financial considerations are met.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position may also require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position will be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 23830.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.