Director of Advancement, Virginia Institute of Autism
For 20 years, the Virginia Institute of Autism has been one of the premier institutions in the country dedicated to providing effective, evidence-based services to people living with autism.
Driven by the core values of Dedication, Compassion, Effectiveness, and Innovation, VIA is committed to creating innovative programs that provide best-in-class models for how services can more effectively and efficiently help people with autism and their families throughout their lives. The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), calls VIA’s staff training program “a gold standard for the field.” The families that VIA serves call its programs “life-changing.”
VIA is seeking to build an Advancement department that is as deeply grounded in metrics and measurable outcomes as the programs that the department funds. The department has historically run a successful annual giving and special events program and has high-level prospects for volunteer leadership. With deep connections within the community and growing external recognition, VIA has a rich supply of opportunities to build new local and national partnerships and to access new resources necessary to grow in scope and reach. VIA has begun to leverage its opportunities by embarking on the planning stages for a capital campaign to build a major new facility. The Advancement department will take the lead on launching the campaign and will marshal existing relationships and results to consolidate successes and grow in new directions.
VIA is seeking a Director of Advancement to be the primary strategic architect of this effort. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Board of Directors and the Board Philanthropy Committee, the Director of Advancement will lead the advancement team to design and implement a comprehensive, results-oriented fundraising plan that advances VIA’s mission and goals and improves the lives of people living with autism.
The ideal Director of Advancement will have:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a comprehensive non-profit fundraising program, including at least 2 years in a position with staff management.
- Demonstrated ability to set and monitor the strategic direction of a complex development program and to ensure its alignment with organizational goals; includes ability to develop data-driven and evidence-based initiatives.
- Experience establishing strong relationships with executive leaders and volunteer Boards.
- Track record of securing 5- and 6-figure gifts from individuals and institutions.
- Experience in at least one successful capital campaign.
- Sincere passion for and understanding of VIA’s commitment to those living with autism spectrum disorder and the ability to be a compelling ambassador for its values.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.driconsulting.com.
Apply for Director of Advancement, Virginia Institute of Autism
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly