FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Field Service Engineer
Radiometric Services and Instruments LLC - Frederick, MD
Summary: Field Service Engineers serve the vital role as primary contact when installing and supporting our radiation based thickness and coating weight Gauge lines.
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support including; communications between customers and service department, detailed preparation of written reports and documentation, maintenance of job assignments, itinerary and schedule requirements.
Field Service Engineers are dispatched from their home offices to customer locations throughout the United States and Canada
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Execute scheduled service visits received from the Frederick office
- Provide phone support to customers as needed
- Maintenance of customer information as required. Maintenance of test reports and recordings
- Complete Customer Service Reports, time sheets, and expense reports
- Maintain good customer relations
- 75-80% travel
- Weekend and after hours work as required
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with tight time constraints
- Customer focused. Strong interpersonal skills are a must
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving and analytical expertise with excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to understand and interpret schematic diagrams, electrical symbols and terminology.
- Ability to use all types of hand tools and digital test equipment. Basic Soldering skills required
- Experience with wiring, wiring harnesses, terminating and testing circuits and components. Experienced in the installation of electronic-mechanical machinery is ideal.
- Component level troubleshooting of Analog and Digital electronic circuitry
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and DOS Operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of PC's (hardware & software)
- Familiar with networking hardware, IP processes / connectivity, networking communications. IP addressing, routers, cables, switches, etc. General knowledge of software programming is helpful.
- Applicants must have a valid US Passport and local driver's license.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to stand and squat for long periods of time while on the job
- Associate Degree in Electronic computer or military Electronics, or equivalent professional experience is required
- Proven record of field service experience preferred. Will consider related experience from an engineering or manufacturing environment
Founded in 2003, RSI has supplied its customers with new non-contact thickness and coating gauges, upgrade solutions for existing x-ray and isotope thickness and coating gauges, spare parts, on-site field service and in-house repairs. We are a business partner backed by a solid guarantee with prompt, dependable service and a wealth of experience in the metals industry.
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 10:53:46 PDT