Civil Engineer, PE
J.G. Management Systems is seeking a Civil Engineer, onsite at Kirtland AFB, who will oversee design, construction and documentation for new facilities, and rehabilitation or maintenance of existing facilities. The Civil Engineer position will perform owner representative functions including the preparation of acquisition packages to procure design and construction contracts, as well as, cost estimating and value engineering. Scope of responsibilities includes working with Local, State, and Federal agencies, performing civil design/documentation services including on-site utility systems, site plans, wells, water treatment systems, storm water management and other drainage systems, earthwork, roads and paving, and other Civil Engineer projects.
• Reviews and coordinates all hydraulic design, drainage way improvements, roadways design, wet and dry utility plans and general civil site plans; acts as Engineer of Record for projects.
• Develops Scopes of Work and conceptual designs for construction bid documents, in addition to completing a comprehensive technical review of all construction bid packets.
• Completes technical reviews of all design submittals for accuracy and compliance with federal requirements.
• Reviews submittals for conformance with the approved construction documents, and any applicable safety codes and/or regulations.
• Attends, coordinates, and initiates site visits and design review meetings as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong working knowledge of advanced concepts in civil engineering and construction management [R]
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills [R]
• Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving/conflict resolution skills [R]
• Effective time management and organizational skills [R]
• Solid understanding of financial/budget concepts (scope, schedule, cost) [R]
• Knowledge of general civil site design including grading, utilities, and pavement design [R]
• Working knowledge of federal contract requirements/regulations [D]
• High level of knowledge and proficiency in office management systems, including spreadsheet software, project management software (such as MS Project), database systems, computer-aided design software, word processing and email/internet applications [D]
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a related field. Ten (10) or more years of progressive experience in drainage design, roadway design and drainage improvement construction, utility coordination, and general civil site improvements.
• Licenses & Certifications: Registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in NM required.
J.G. Management Systems, Inc. (JGMS) is a technical and professional services firm offering services to government and private sector clients nationwide. As a diverse team of professionals, JGMS is focused on meeting the needs of our clients and following through with real solutions that effectively and efficiently meet all budgetary and scheduling requirements. We continually need civil engineers, nuclear professionals, analysts, managers, project managers, and administrators, along with people who work in information technology, facilities management, and clerical/administrative support. As a member of the JGMS team, you will be involved in a growing, dynamic organization that is developing new client solutions to benefit our environment and economy. At JGMS, we take pride in promoting health and well-being to our employees and their families by offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
JGMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is a policy of J.G. Management Systems Inc. (JGMS) to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 09:13:15 PDT