Director of e-Commerce
This position is responsible for the performance of Strayer University's web properties in attracting and informing new students.
- Effective capture of prospective student's interest through form completes, calls, chats, etc.
- Easy access to engaging content supporting prospective students in making an informed decision to inquire, apply, enroll
- SEO best practices (technical, content, links), making the site easy to find through natural search and driving organic traffic
- Manage a team of developers, project managers, UI/UX designers to improve web performance
- Set agenda for and manage improvements of web capabilities, including but not limited to dynamic content serving, testing infrastructure, live chat and other interactive tools, SEO, search, comparison tools
- Drive testing and improvement agenda to increase web usability and task success rate, e.g., conversion rate, form completion rate
- Maintain full implementation of site analytics, tracking and testing capabilities
- Ensure site is fully responsive, renders correctly on all combinations of devices and browsers/operating systems
- Act as primary point of contact for identification and resolution of issues in web performance
- Apply content management and site structure best practices that enable fast and easy changes
- Maintain infrastructure and technical implementation to ensure fast load times, avoid service disruptions and maintain site security
- Ensure site is in full compliance with all regulations, including ADA/508
- Build and maintain web content management system and content library
- Oversee/manage the development of content elements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, computer science or related field; or a combination of education and experience providing the skills normally associated with a bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience in e-commerce and website management, preferably for consumer oriented commercial site
- Familiarity with technical underpinnings of the web (e.g. HTML, CSC, XML)
- Experience with analytics tools, such as Google Analytics or Omniture
- Experience in planning and leading testing strategies (AB, multi-variate, ect.)
- Track record of managing both external agencies and vendors, and internal teams
- Strategic: Ability to translate long-range marketing and business strategies to requirements for Web capabilities
- Innovative: Staying abreast of the latest e-commerce developments, spotting opportunities to enhance website performance
- Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both IT and Marketing organizations
- Leverage: Ability to effectively direct efforts of internal and external teams
- Organization: Must be a great multi-tasker with the ability to handle priorities simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines
- Poised: Trustworthy spokesperson for the company. Able to navigate difficult customer experiences and online issues with forethought and consideration
- Self-starter: Ability to work well independently as well as with a team under the umbrella of marketing at Strayer University; proactive and forward thinking - initiates ideas and strategies
- Communication: Ability/experience to present proposals, finding, etc. to executive audience
- Must be able to travel 5% of time
- Typical office setting
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.