I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
Cisneros Hispanic Leadership Institute and LGBT Health Policy & Practice (LGBTHP&P) is looking for candidates who like working with students and are passionate about issues affecting Hispanic and LGBT communities. The candidate would be joining the two young institutes within GW dedicated to supporting students and understanding the challenges and opportunities facing the Hispanic and LGBT communities. The Program Coordinator will support GW's Cisneros Institute and LGBTHP&P graduate certificate program team. Main duties include managing the administrative needs of a new and growing student serving and policy institute, a cutting edge graduate training programs as well as supporting their special programs/initiatives and completing projects that range in complexity. This position also may have supervisory responsibilities for student workers. The position reports to the Director of Cisneros Institute and LGBTHP&P.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making space reservations and planning and coordinating logistics for student, faculty and public events.
- Maintain the Director's and Institute's calendar of events, schedule meetings, and other activities.
- Providing updates to Cisneros and LGBTHP&P scholars on administrative issues.
- Maintaining administrative office policies, processes, protocols, and workflows.
- Preparing routine budget reports and tracking expenditures.
- Processing reimbursements, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Preparing letters and mailings and maintaining contact lists.
- Managing expenses, supplemental compensation, and honorarium requests.
- Support website and social media maintenance and updates.
- Supporting other work-related duties as needed from LGBTHP&P executive team.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience with event planning and record management
- Outstanding organizational skills; including the ability to work on several projects with competing deadlines at the same time; pays high attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, research, and editing skills
- Commitment to serving diverse groups and the interest and ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders: from students and families to faculty, board members, and donors
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, and authentic interest in others
- Creative and flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively, promoting teamwork and individual responsibility as appropriate
- Diplomatic sensitivity. Ability to being tactful and exercise courtesy to maintain respectful relations between internal and external stakeholders
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with or capacity to learn Banner, Concur, iBuy, DegreeMap, Courseleaf and Drupal
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Columbian College of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006663 Job Open Date: 09/12/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter