Associate Director for Recruitment and Admissions - College of Business Graduate Programs (A1700558
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR for RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS
College of Business Graduate Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
A leader on the Recruitment & Admissions team working with affiliated staff across the graduate programs to establish classes for our graduate programs through recruitment efforts and ultimately the admission process for entry into graduate programs at the College of Business. In conjunction with the leadership of the Graduate Programs, consult and support the program Directors in cultivating, admitting and serving high quality graduate students.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director to coordinate efforts across the unit, work with the programs and help hold the team accountable for the established metrics
- Collaborate with the college on the graduate programs brand and how it is projected externally
- Meet the program needs in terms of number of students needed to meet class room needs while maintaining the high program standards
- Develop and execute recruiting strategies focused on growing the pipeline of graduate candidates and converting candidates for the incoming class
- Identify new and follow up on existing graduate candidates in the recruiting pipeline from initial point of inquiry through enrollment
- Conduct/ assist with recruiting events including information sessions and other targeted activities.
- Perform informational and assessment interviews of potential candidates
- Help maintain databases and other tools for meeting the team goals
- Collaborate with the internal communications unit, alumni affairs and other college units in the external efforts
- Establish a high quality experience for interested candidates in the College of Business
- Work some evening and weekend hours
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Required: At least six years of professional experience with at least four years of experience in recruitment or relationship sales. Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service oriented attitude for working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer related databases and office-related software. Experience working with a diverse population. Higher educational experience; graduate recruitment experience.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by September 26, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director for Recruitment and Admissions - College of Business Graduate Programs (A1700558)
Open Date: 09/12/2017
Close Date: 09/26/2017
Organization Name: MBA Program Administration