Marketing Specialist - Creative Services, Public Affairs (A1700559)
Creative Services at Public Affairs
Join our team of creatives! Creative Services at Public Affairs is a collaborative creative team responsible for campus-wide brand and marketing solutions. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated marketing specialist who can translate client needs into marketing and content strategies that help them reach their key audiences while elevating the Illinois brand.
Primary Position Function/Summary: Provide marketing content and strategic communications expertise and support which further the Public Affairs mission of the university in general and the specific communications goals of individual units on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
As a part of our team, you will be responsible for:
- Strategizes, writes and edits content for websites, newsletters, printed materials, etc. at the campus level and for individual units.
- Provides expertise on marketing and content strategy, bringing together the goals of the client with the Illinois brand pillars to ensure both clients and the Illinois brand are positioned for success.
- Plans, conducts and analyzes user research to inform content strategies, marketing campaigns and large-scale web projects.
- Initiates discussions with the creative team around user research findings, outlining audience needs, specific pain points, and potential solutions - for the design of the user experience.
- Utilizes standard tools for communicating with the creative team and with clients, including content inventories and audits, site mapping, user personas, scenarios and page tables.
- Provides quality assurance on all content deliverables (including proofreading) and maintains consistent brand voice and tone throughout all.
- Builds and maintains client relationships as a consultant on content strategies, marketing techniques and communications plans to help clients tell their story as part of the Illinois brand beyond a single project.
- Shares creative communications solutions with campus, including Campus Communication Officers.
- Collaborates with the director for large projects on project direction, marketing and UX strategy, and creative execution.
- Studies market trends and how they potentially affect campus communication.
- Assign and review tasks given to students and interns.
- Bachelor's degree
- three years of experience in communications, marketing or related field
- Must possess a demonstrated understanding of basic marketing principles.
- An extensive and thorough knowledge of writing for and producing communications pieces (for print, web and new media).
- Familiarity with coding and maintaining Web pages, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Experience in client relations, deadlines, and tracking of hours.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- three years of experience in communications, marketing or related field, at the University of Illinois or in a university setting; demonstrated copywriting and editing expertise; experience in coding and maintaining Web pages.
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and website metrics.
- Must have experience working within a Macintosh environment.
This is a full-time regular academic professional position. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, a resume, three professional writing samples (actual documents or links are both acceptable) and the names, addresses, email and phone numbers of three professional references by close date September 26, 2017. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Pam Steele, Public Affairs, 217/333-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Public Affairs, visit publicaffairs.illinois.edu.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Public Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Marketing Specialist - Creative Services, Public Affairs (A1700559)
Open Date: 09/12/2017
Close Date: 09/26/2017
Organization Name: Creative Services