Senior PeopleSoft Systems Analyst
Senior PeopleSoft Systems Analyst
AIS-Administrative Information Systems
Senior PeopleSoft Systems Analyst IT - Administrative Information Services The Fuqua School of Business Job Description:The Senior PeopleSoft Systems Analyst oversees multiple business-critical applications or systems that are essential to the daily operations of multiple departments within Fuqua, ensuring the continuous availability,functionality, security, and integrity of those systems. The Senior PeopleSoft Systems Analyst is responsible for researching, analyzing,and documenting business requirements in support of ongoing process improvements in support of the ongoing operations of the school. This includes interviewing stakeholders, compiling user requirements, coordinating with internal and external IT resources to ensure that project deliverables are met according tospecifications, development of documentation and user training, and the on going maintenance and support of those systems.Essential duties and responsibilities:Analyze overall Fuqua administrative operations, procedures, and functions, including forms,organizational structures, work coordination, and work flow processes to determine opportunities for continuous process improvement. Primary responsibilities will include providing data support to departments that interface with the systems hosted by the University Student Information Services organization, including the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Suite and Image Now and Fuqua's instance of the Slate CRM application.Coordinate the activities of assigned computer personnel in the development, modification,administration, and maintenance of computer systems to effect implementation, revision and continued operations of those systems.Develop specifications for systems and processes to include system narratives, data elements,data gathering and verification techniques and methods, accounting and auditing controls, block diagrams, flow charts, decision tables, input-output requirements,record and form layouts and processing specifications. Analyze and interpret organizational and procedural problems;coordinate and participate in the design or modification of systems and processes; test and debug new programs to verify their accuracy and completeness; prepare flowcharts, program code and documentation to implement computer systems and procedures.Prepare and maintain form and procedure manuals to effect implementation and continuing operation of computer application systems. Maintain liaison with representatives of other University operations and external professional organizations to ensure utilization of current best practice principles and techniques. Participate in development of long range planning for new projects,serve in an advisory capacity to Fuqua administration on the application of new systems,procedures and methods.Provide technical direction to, instruct, and coordinate the individual assignments of less experienced IT staff.Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.Skills and Qualifications:The Senior Systems Analyst requires very strong communication,organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate, and resolve highly complex systems issues and related business problems.
Specific qualifications include:
• Advanced PeopleSoft query skills to be able to design and support complex queries.
• Proficient in setting up 3C engine and CommGen in PeopleSoft.
• Proficient in designing BI Publisher reports.
• Proficient in Microsoft office skills specifically MS Access and Excel.
• Functional experience and understanding of CRM applications,preferably Slate and/or SalesForce.
• Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong customer service experience and interpersonal skills.
• Strong knowledge of best practices and emerging technologies within higher education; especially with regards to PeopleSoft.
• Strong project management skills with ability to lead and perform requirements gathering activities and facilitate end-user meetings as needed.
• Ability to interface with end users, vendors, and internal IT staff to effectively communicate and convey information to and across audiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.Experience and Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5-7 years of work experience in higher education with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Suite, specifically including the Student Admissions, Student Records and Financial Aid modules.
• Prior working experience with PeopleSoft Admissions, Student Records and Financial Aid and one or more of the following applications (or equivalent):Image now Application Administration and Slate CRM Application.
• Administration Experience with the following tool sets is also preferred: SQL/SQR,advanced MS Office knowledge, programming languages (e.g.VB, SAS,HTML).
2426 ANALYST, IT, SR
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Refer to Job Description
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.