This position is for a full time, ten month Clinical Counselor. The successful candidate must be a skilled clinician, an excellent communicator, and a team player, who possesses unquestionable integrity, has a good sense of humor, and is willing and able to work effectively and compassionately with diverse populations. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing short-term individual and group psychotherapy and supportive personal counseling to students.
- Providing crisis intervention for students to help resolve mental health issues of a more immediate nature.
- Presenting outreach education to students, faculty, and staff on topics that are relevant to the students’ emotional and mental health. Developing and coordinating these outreach events and working collaboratively with other campus departments.
- Providing crisis consultation and/or intervention by a rotating after-hours on-call responsibility.
- Documenting client records in accordance with professional standards and state/federal laws.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators to address students’ emotional and academic issues.
- Providing referrals for off campus treatment when appropriate.
- Providing consultation to students, faculty, staff, and parents when appropriate.
- Exhibiting an awareness and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Reporting to and assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Counseling/Assistant Dean of Student Support Services.
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health counseling, social work, or psychology.
- Minimum of one to three years of related experience required. Experience in a college counseling preferred.
- Candidate must be licensed or license-eligible in New York State. Licensure preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of electronic documentation software is preferred.
- Knowledge and practice of Federal and State mental health laws and professional codes of conduct.
**Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. A background check will be required.